flytoday

Well Known Member
After sampling bits and pieces, last week was my baptism into the RV world.

Having aged 5+ decades, owned a plane for 2 years - long ago, and logged 600+ hrs in factory planes, kids all teens & up, the owner bug is biting again, and a co-worker encouraged shopping RVs.

So on Tues/Weds I and a consultant took a 1000 mile shopping trip to inspect, prepared to buy an RV6. Also ready to return to HOU, via SWest or RV6. Great trip with complex logistics. Wonderful FL friends supported us with a loaner car and more. Returned by SWest a little disappointed but having learned some great lessons.

Spent yesterday with IronFlight and Louise helping with "Junior". Mixed resin and ?? and powder to make simulated thick chocolate pudding, trimmed, ground, and glued hinges along the engine cowling, and installed some nut plates. First experiences with an air-powered rivet squeezer and fiberglass.

The afternoon ended with an RV8 ride. My first 8 flight, and such a fine airplane. I'll happily adjust to flying above 4000' and 110 kts. in an RV6 I just haven't met yet!!!

Submitted $25 to Doug Reeves and joined VAF. Thanks to all you Forum authors, there are many gold nuggets in the writing, and your experiences multiply my schooling.

Great week with RV smiles, education, new friends, and new touch skills!

flytoday

Glad to have you! Be patient with your purchase. The market has been rather slow the last few months but they come in spurts. If you can wait for the right one you will be all the more pleased with your RV choice. Sounds as though you have EXPERTS nearby to help you evaluate things!

I think we have a budding Buyer/Builder in the works - he wants to fly soon, so he'll buy....but I suspect that the fact he came by for a quick visit, and was still there building with us six hours later tells us that we piqued his interest in putting one together...;)

Paul

Welcome to VAF!!!!

After sampling bits and pieces, last week was my baptism into the RV world. ----------------

Submitted $25 to Doug Reeves and joined VAF. Thanks to all you Forum authors, there are many gold nuggets in the writing, and your experiences multiply my schooling.

Great week with RV smiles, education, new friends, and new touch skills!

flytoday

Carl, welcome aboard VAF:D

Sounds like you are getting started right, or should that be Wright:rolleyes:

Great thread title, by the way.

Carl,

If you would post your requirements for the RV-6 such as engine, prop, panel, paint, interior, I would bet one of our members could point you at one for sale.

Your planned budget would also help.

Welcome to VAF, lots of great boys and girls here...

Thanks

Wow, I never expected so many reads and the feedback. I'll send PM replies. This new week may include surgery in the family, so I hope to resume shopping again soon.

What a great Forum! And it is cool to live close to IronFlight, flyintiger.net, and EAA Chap 12!

Father's Day thrill to visit Aggie daughter at TAMU and see son drumming at "big church" this morning.

So belated HAPPY FATHER'S DAY,

flytoday

RV6A

I sound a lot like you. I just bought my RV in November. I can help with questions if you need advice.