I will be there. I am driving from Celebration, FL.

If anyone wants to call me I am at office 415 221 5111 home 407 624 4427.

Weather permitting, Carol and I will be coming. We might come back the same day (Saturday) through Cedar Key and might have an extra seat or 2 in the 10. Leaving from Atlanta (GA04) on Saturday morning.

Vic

I am planning to drive over on Saturday from Kissimmee

Jim Kinsey
RV7A
Starting Fuselage

Maybe we could all meet before the forums at 12:30. or lunch?
I'll be wearing a name tag and my cell# 352-397-5729.
I plan on taking a list of all the tail #s who've responded here.
See you next week.
Let's hope the weather's good.

Half price 2006 SNF T-shirts at the gift shop!!

I'll be there in Dad's Europa Mono-Wheel, N398JB, "Jim-Bob". My RV-7A, N112B is in the paint shop! If you want some good italian food, try Cafe Panino on the south side of the field. 863-619-2100.

Has anyone been there in the past? How big of a show is it, how many airplanes and vendors? Anyone has a schedule of events? I read it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

Paul Thomas said:
Has anyone been there in the past? How big of a show is it, how many airplanes and vendors? Anyone has a schedule of events? I read it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

I've been to the last 2 or 3 shows. Van was there 2 years ago. Last year there were probably 30 RV's. No vendors to speak of. I've seen bigger RV fly-ins at Leeward and Love's Landing in Central FL.

Sebring, FL (KSEF) LSA airshow is this weekend if you guys are looking for something to do, over 125 vendors. I'd be there if I wasn't weathered in. :mad:

Last edited:
This is from http://www.rotaryaviation.com/VAF-FL-Wing.html

RV Weekend at the Sun N Fun Campus January 19, 20, 21 2007
LAL Lakeland Linder Airport Tower 124.5
Use LAKE PARKER ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
If unfamiliar with those procedures, tell the tower you are going to the RV Fly In at Sun n Fun
Ground 121.4
Contact ground upon landing for parking instructions.

This is the BIG EVENT of the year for our group so PLAN TO ATTEND!
This is a grass roots fly in with no vendors and is open to all RV pilots, builders AND dreamers. Drive in or fly in. All aircraft types are welcome but RVs get "premier" parking.

Format will be the same as prior years - arrivals Friday afternoon .

All food will be catered this year at the Sun n Fun Cafe (self pay))

Dinner Served Friday Night
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner served Saturday.
doughnuts and coffee Sunday morning with leisurely departures after that.

Door prizes and WELCOME in Forum area at 12:30. Door prizes graciously provided by Van's Aircraft and Sun n Fun
Activity Schedule

Speaker Friday night 6:00 pm at Sun n Fun Museum Ron Lowery "Chasing Lewis and Clark Across America" Tickets $10 in advance ($8 for members)/ $12 on site ($10 for members)

Forums SATURDAY
1:00 Ev Williston "Final Glide"
2:00 Smokey Joe (Rob Ray" "RV Mountain Flying"
3:00 Sam James FiberGlass 101

Camping ($15 for the weekend. No proration) available for the weekend ( NO HOOKUPS) - showers - porti potties - camp fire Saturday night. You can camp in the camping area OR under the wing.

[font=Arial, Helvetica]VAF Florida Wing Planning Calendar

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Month/Date[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Activity Location[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]January, 19, 20 , 21 2007 [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]RV Weekend at Sun 'n Fun LAL Lakeland, FL RAIN OR SHINE. If you can't fly in... Drive in!!!!

Camping Friday and Saturday night. Dinner Friday; 3 meals Saturday and breakfast Sunday available. Forums Saturday afternoon at 1:00; 2:00 and 3:00 I am diligently working with Sun n Fun to IMPROVE the food situation and make this a better event for all!!!

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]February 10, 2007[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]
PLEASE MARK YOU CALENDARS FOR FEBRUARY 10, 2007 FOR A FLY-IN TO

THE VENICE AIRPORT. THIS WAS SCHEDULED FOR LAST SEPTEMBER BUT

WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE OF RUNWAY REPAVING.
More on this later
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]March 17, 2007 [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Watson Farms RV Fly In - 30-36.841 N 84-38.682 W Runway 14/32. 2000 ft long/50 ft wide. 5 miles west of Quincy, FL (2J9). (DO NOT mistake this for Watson Airport) BBQ at 11:30 am - arrive between 10:30 and 11:00 am PRIVATELY HOSTED by David and Janice Watson. NO COST. (Note: Coordinates in Florida Airport Directory are INCORRECT. Please use the coordinates on this web page ONLY)[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]May 18,19, 20[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Lumberton Fly In... Lumberton NC Details to follow[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]

Paul Thomas said:

Last year's attendance, as someone else mentioned, was about 30 RVs due to the weather. I believe everyone who attended received a door prize donated by Vans and Sun-n-Fun. If the weather is anything like this weekend, it will probably be well attended. What a fabulous weekend for flying.
I will be finishing up my Phase 1 tomorrow. Had a fabulous time flying today. What a great airplane!

Thanks everyone!

I've got one of the club aircraft... but I also received confirmation that my EAA chapter will be flying 250-300 young eagles on the 20th so it look like I'll be giving them a hand instead of flying up to lakeland. There is always next year or other events to meet other FL builders.

Hi Paul,

You can attend the RV Fly-in Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. There are presentations Friday and Saturday, and meals Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I'll be there on Sat. (I can't fly YE because the "Boy Scout of America" don't allow pilots with less than 250TT among other things).