Bill Riggs

Anyone know of an online service to determine value of Experimental's
I looked at AOPA but nothing for RV's.

Thanks
Bill

There's too much variation among experimentals to assign a "blue book" value, similar to car models of a certain year. You won't find an online service...you'll have to do some online legwork comparing RVs for sale - TAP, Barnstormers, etc.

Aircraft Appraisals

There are aircraft appraisers out there. I found one for an estate settlement involving a certified airplane. But I believe he said he had appraised experimentals too. I found him through an EAA chapter yahoo group. He also had owned an RV-9A so that also would be a plus. Of course there's a fee involved, but compared to the value of an airplane it might be worth it for you.

Send me a Private Message (upper right corner of this screen) and I can give you more info if you're interested. Not sure if he would travel to Virginia but he is in the Nashville, TN area.

P.S. I just noticed you asked for an online service. As is typical, I didn't read the original post slowly. You may totally disregard everything I posted above.

Last edited:
An appraiser with RV build experience!

You are talking real value if you can find an appraiser that has built an RV and is recommended by an RV builder. It is a difficult job because there is so much variation between airplanes and you would need experience, a checklist and detail inspection to do it right.

Bob Axsom

Last edited: