MedFlightDoc

Hello,
Curious (after searching the web site) if there are any RV's with CFI's available in the Midwest, specifically WI/IL/MN/IA, where one can get taildragger RV training? I'm thinking about an RV-3 or -4 (leaning towards an older -3A), but need some time in an RV for insurance (I've already got a traildragger endorsement with a few hours).

Thanks!
Ryan in Madison, WI

Hello,
Curious (after searching the web site) if there are any RV's with CFI's available in the Midwest, specifically WI/IL/MN/IA, where one can get taildragger RV training? I'm thinking about an RV-3 or -4 (leaning towards an older -3A), but need some time in an RV for insurance (I've already got a traildragger endorsement with a few hours).

Thanks!
Ryan in Madison, WI

try John M (217) 322-7049 ... i think he is doing training in a RV4

We have at least 3 local pilots with lots of time who are excellent folks. I think Tom Berge has over a thousand RV hours in his taildragger, and now lots in his RV7A. He has a waiver for training. Also, Doug Weiler (built a near perfect RV4) also does checkouts and is superb. Last and certainly not least, I doubt you'll find that if you get your plane done and need general tailwheel instruction, Doug Rozendaal is probably one of the best in the country. There are others I'm forgetting I'm sure, but there are plenty of them around the general regional area.

Anyway, poke around the local RV group and you'll find an immense amount of resources. If possible, try to make one of the meetings (we have one this Saturday) and introduce yourself....don't be bashful!

Cheers,
Stein