videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Anyone get any RV stuff in their stockings? I got an LED light for the map box. I guess we could include things you bought for yourself.

Bob Kelly

Not really RV related, but I got a ride in an SNJ (T6 for you Army types) coming up this summer.

God I love that woman.......

Valkyrie got new Tires and Brakes, and a new set of spark plugs!

And somehow, she gave me an extra 6-8 knots (TAS) of cruise speed on the way up north.....still trying to figure THAT out!

Paul

I got a longeron yoke for my CP-214, a digital level, a new set of files, a vise-grip dimpler and a $150 gift card to Aircraft Spruce! My wife rocks.

Mrs. Santa brough tank dimple dies, 2 Orndorff DVDs, and a bunch of clecos! What a woman!

I've been working on the wings for a whole day so far- its' good to be back building again.

I'm about ready to start on the rear spars, the scary main spar countersinking is done. I had great results using tips from the forum - especially the use of a slow electric drill.

My wife and I gave each other Hookers for Christmas. We got in on the group buy and opened the box, under the tree, this morning. Couldn't comment on the belts earlier as we hadn't opened them yet. All black with the rotary latches, great looking belts.

You gotta love a wife that is into giving each other Hookers for Christmas.

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A, just mounted the wings.

Master Kit from Stein Air

Santa's Missis ordered the Master Wiring Kit from SteinAir...

Nice! Even came with a Red SteinAir TeeShirt :)

My wife gave me a Bogi-Bar tailwheel towbar. Yeaaa!

Unfortunately though, the weather here in Houston is a bit cruddy... the front finally passed and clouds are breaking, but it's windy! Wahhh, no flying today... and naturally, she has to give me a hard time about it, saying perhaps I could just go drag the airplane around the taxiways instead.

Bittersweet present

Well I got a call on Christmas Eve & a buyer wants my Cherokee. In Eight years, she's safely taken us to Osh twice, Sedona & the Grand Canyon, and on a Canadian fishing adventure. Not to mention countless visits to see the kids in college, trips to Branson, MO., and to the DFW area to visit relatives and go to TMS races. She was my first airplane... we logged over 130 Y.E. kids and many more were unlogged. I'm awash in emotion. On one hand I'm turning loose of a trusted old companion. :( On the other, now I may have the money for a "new" engine and prop for the 7. I'll definetly have some motivation now to get finished and airborne again. ;)

My bride gave me the green light on the wing kit..! Will be faxing my order in this week... :D

Last edited:
My favorite Christmas Present

My%20Christmas%20present%20(Medium).html
My favorite Christmas present

Last edited:
Christmas

My lovely bride got me an Air to Air Warbirds 2007 calendar signed by Paul Bowen, the photographer.
And a leather A-2 jacket.
She is the best. :)

Pat Garboden
Ozark, MO
RV-9A 942 WG (reserved) slider w/O-235
RV9-A 942PT (reserved) tip-up w/O-320

Stocking stuffers!

7/16" GearWrench
A bunch of #30 and #40 drill bits
A #40 reamer
A travel mug with photos from my RV-7 Web site
...and a Craftsman bottle opener for that post-work session beer!

Sadly there were no hookers under the tree...I guess it'd be too hard to explain to the kids.

RV Santa rocked my xmas:

1) The AeroElectic Connection
2) Kitplanes e-subscription
3) 25' air line
4) DeWalt boom box for the garage
5) and most importantly, enough funding for me to buy the fuse tomorrow....gotta do something at work when no one else is there!

My favorite Christmas present

1002493cz2.jpg

Will be hanging in my garage for at least a couple of years yet - but works there as well.

Karla did great, she hit my Cleaveland wish list and got me a set or washer wrenches and a set of numbered drill bits from 1 - 60. Should be seeing my hookers one of these days also.

My sweetie got some really cool stuff.

Pacific Oil Cooler, Landing Lights, Alternator, Silicone Valve Cover Gaskets! :D

I got a Van's RV9A mug, a VAF hat and a tee shirt that reads "What happens in the garage stays in the garage." I'm building with my dad and my brother and they go the same.

Family, friends and an RV9A under assembly in the garage. Wonderful Chirstmas.

For Christmas, I made a surprise visit to Michigan to see my parents. They were bummed out when I told them I wouldn?t be coming home, they had no idea. :D Called them from Washington, IA and told them to meet me at the airport in 2.5 hours, and I beat them there. Got the chance to give my dad his first ride (and first few PIC hours) in a 7A.

Now for the new toys! I got the T-34 Formation Flying Manual (OH YEAH!!!), a large USA wall chart, a set of upper gear leg intersection fairings from Fairings Etc (REALLY nice pieces) and a set of gauges to check cylinder compression. I also got the Jeppesen FliteStar VFR flight planning software which I used to plan the trip back home.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

I believe in Santa!

It was two years ago that Santa left a set of 5 point aerobatic quick release Hookers Harnesses under the tree for the RV-7A or Citabria, He didn?t say which. I assume it was for the new plane. They fit just perfectlyin the seven. Sadly it was the same year that my wife, despite all evidence to the contrary ceased to believe in Santa Clause. Things had been going well as I opened the wonderful gift marked from Santa, and every one was happy for me. Then Suddenly out of nowhere Sandy my wife goes: ?Hey wait a minute?. It all came out that she did not really believe Santa and had merely been ?playing along? until that moment. This year I did receive a beautiful red ?Wings of Texas? cast iron Stearman coin bank just like the plane I want to build next, but there sadly were no presents from Santa. Keep the faith. I still trust and believe in Santa. Just ask my kids. :)

N112B's getting a new paint job!!

Ironflight said:
Valkyrie got new Tires and Brakes, and a new set of spark plugs!

And somehow, she gave me an extra 6-8 knots (TAS) of cruise speed on the way up north.....still trying to figure THAT out!

Paul
Paul - Maybe you had your vents closed??

My OAT probe is in the passenger side NACA vent and the OAT goes up a few degrees when I close that vent. Certainly not enough to cause 6 knots in TAS difference though.

Also, ambient ramp temps are high from engine heat after a quick-turn so we're gonna move the probe to a location by the pitot....problem solved.

All I want for Christmas

OK, This is my first post, so bear with me. :)

I bought myself the 2007 Van's calendar.

My eldest son (who's in the USAF) gave me a personalized pilots flight bag. The rest is, as a friend told me, somewhat backwards:

My wife "gave me" the opportunity to live my dream. We purchased an acre of land, one lot off the landing strip, at Zuehl Air Field!!!

I don't have a plane yet, but she did all the leg work to find the lot and she drew up plans to build a hangar home!!! I've been dreaming of flying since I went on a penny a pound flight when I was nine years old.

We hope to be living there before next Christmas. Then get a plane (Cessna 150)to put in the hangar and learn to fly. Then build an RV10. I've flown with friends in RV4, RV6, 172, Cub..... Soon it will be my turn to take the left side. :eek:

Michael Laprise
San Antonio, TX
Beginning to live the dream!

Newbe's First RV Christmas

I got me a 2007 RV calendar and my very first of hopfuly many van's aircraft invoices for the RV-7 expense file :rolleyes: .

Hope every one had a good christmas and thanks for all of the good input on this board as it has help me alot and did not even have to ask one question just did a lot of reading.

Santa delivers to Germany as well !

Hi all from Europe,

The Weihnactsmann (Santa) and his FedEx elves delivered this large lump of Aluminium bar to me :-

Although it hasn't got anything to hang from yet with the $ being so weak against the Pound/Euro it was a must have early present....( also it was a one off great offer from Sensenich - Thanks Ed Z )

Happy New Year to all