Peterk

Well Known Member
Soooo.....awhile back John Bender had a friend of his with a "maybe good" db meter" read 105 to 110 in his RV12. John does not have an interior. I looked on my multimeter for db but it didn't have one! What a crock! So I bought a "maybe not good" app on my IPhone. It was worthless. Now I have a real "maybe good" db meter that I bought off the internet. I have an interior. My readings were in the 95 to 100 range, never exceeding 100. My fifth grade math is kicking in now....sounds like maybe the interior is worth 10db...that's quite a lot. Maybe there is a real Hollywood sound engineer that can put some genuine engineering to this but for now my study will rule. Besides, it looks so cool, it has pockets and everything. Abby really does a great job.

INTERIOR

I'll speak for Larry. What does it look like with the interior ? ( Cover up some bad paint work - huh ? ? )

John Bender

Interior

Tony T. has some really nice pictures of his interior on his blog. I just started installing mine last weekend- have only installed the side panels so far but agree fully with Pete. Flightline Interiors has done a very nice job making a very easy to install interior that is affordable and looks great. I was amazed at how easy it was to install the side panels and arm rests and how well everything fit. I would think the interior would also help insulate things in the winter, making the cabin more comfortable as well.

Jeff

Last edited:
they're just jealous Jeff because they didn't order the interior. I'm with you, pretty classy.

Soooo.....awhile back John Bender had a friend of his with a "maybe good" db meter" read 105 to 110 in his RV12. John does not have an interior. I looked on my multimeter for db but it didn't have one! What a crock! So I bought a "maybe not good" app on my IPhone. It was worthless. Now I have a real "maybe good" db meter that I bought off the internet. I have an interior. My readings were in the 95 to 100 range, never exceeding 100. My fifth grade math is kicking in now....sounds like maybe the interior is worth 10db...that's quite a lot. Maybe there is a real Hollywood sound engineer that can put some genuine engineering to this but for now my study will rule. Besides, it looks so cool, it has pockets and everything. Abby really does a great job.

Hi Pete. It's not the "pro model" but if you want to borrow it, I have an Extech 407730 that seems to work pretty well. Not pro calibrated, other than initially at the factory.

(Or if you want to go flying. :) Not sure where in Texas you are...)

Also, it can make the difference you describe if different people use different measurement weightings and speeds. (And you may have purchased the same or similar meter... ;) What settings are you using?)

Hey Rick,

I'm in Pecan Plantation up by Granbury....too far to borrow a tool..lol. Anyway, the one I have is pretty basic. Uses an A frequency weighting and a 125mS time weighting. Ever get up this way bring your's with ya and we'll try the Excel. We do have a major fly-in going on here June 12 sponsored by us at Pecan and Doug's VAF. Its a nice time.

Hey Rick,

I'm in Pecan Plantation up by Granbury....too far to borrow a tool..lol. Anyway, the one I have is pretty basic. Uses an A frequency weighting and a 125mS time weighting. Ever get up this way bring your's with ya and we'll try the Excel. We do have a major fly-in going on here June 12 sponsored by us at Pecan and Doug's VAF. Its a nice time.

Will do! I'm erratically in Dallas at one of our other offices...mid-June might be a good time to head up that way. :)

You do realize this is an open public forum that is crawled by Google every few minutes???

No worries, it was a joke. Been on the capital equipment buy list for two years. Also bought a $20k Rohde & Schwartz audio analyzer. We design audio stuff.

No RV measurements yet.