Pat Hatch

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Like many of you here on the site have done before me, I thought I would give Winston Uy in the Philippines a try for a model of my airplane. I must admit I was a little bit skeptical about the quality given that the models are so inexpensive, even though the photos that have been posted sure looked good. Got the model yesterday, took 14 weeks from order to delivery and cost around $100. You can't get much more value than this for a hundred bucks!

042pp-1.jpg

106pp.jpg

112pp.jpg

Highly recommended!

I concur.

I had one made for my Brother - extremely good quality and value - a great man to deal with.

Contact for Mr. Uy?

Pat,

Price is very reasonable and I'd love to have one for my desk.

Would you mind passing on how you contact him. A quick google search didn't yield a website or other info.

Thanks - Appreciate the info.

There are heaps of them

There's quite a little industry of them in a Philippino export park that used to be part of a US airbase.

I got mine from modelbuffs.com. Looks very similar to the photo above. I sent them various photos of VH-SOL from different angles so they could get the paint right.

Attention to detail was lovely: they included things like VOR and VHF antennae, the NACA duct for the cockpit vents, the pitot, and the GPS puck in front of the canopy.

- mark

Last edited:
If I did that..

I would get less done at work due to spending time making low pass noises at my big desk after I painted a landing strip on it. Yup still young at heart:D

Those are nice models!