Wardo

New cylinders for on an RV7.

RV Manitenance by Wardo.
850-902-6162

photo4-23.jpg

photo2-24.jpg

photo3-24.jpg

Wardo,

I noticed in photo #2, you have another line tie-wrapped to your oil return line running below cylinders 1 & 3. Nothing can be attached to that return line other than the mounting hardware for that line.

Regards,

I just re-read that AD. 90-04-06R1. It doesn't specifically state that, but it does say basically any marks on the line are cause for replacement. Lashing to that line is not a good idea. It should run end to end with only the specified clamps/clips touching it. Also don't like the direct lashing of hose, wires, and tube. They should get isolated and separated.

I just re-read that AD. 90-04-06R1. It doesn't specifically state that, but it does say basically any marks on the line are cause for replacement. Lashing to that line is not a good idea. It should run end to end with only the specified clamps/clips touching it. Also don't like the direct lashing of hose, wires, and tube. They should get isolated and separated.

AD 90-04-06R1, para 2…

2) If any leaks, chafing, or interference condition exists or if the two support clamps or clips are not properly installed, replace the governor oil line and its attachment end fittings with new parts even though the parts show no visible damage. Refer to Figure 1 in Appendix 1 to this AD, for parts identification, line routing, and location of support clamps or clips. The fittings in the engine case and governor must be replaced if they are damaged or are made of aluminum.

Having anything other than the support clips or clamps attached to that line would allow the potential for a chafing or interference condition. At least that is my interpretation of the AD. Also having an un-insulated tie wrap mounted to the oil line can potentially cut through that line leading to oil starvation / engine failure.

Last edited:
Tom, yeah I agree with that fully. The language should be a little more adamant to reflect the intent.

tie-wrap

Wardo,

I noticed in photo #2, you have another line tie-wrapped to your oil return line running below cylinders 1 & 3. Nothing can be attached to that return line other than the mounting hardware for that line.

Regards,

the blue tie that you see is a Velcro chord wrap that the owner temp installed while cylinders were removed. the wires are normally Adel clamped to intake tubes which were not installed yet. good eye though!!

relays

Also notice both relays are mounted horizontally?

aerhed,

the relay orientation have been changed since these pictures were taken, last week. it is good practice to only mount relays in the upright position to avoid any accidental engagement, especially due to g-load if they were mounted inverted.

the blue tie that you see is a Velcro chord wrap that the owner temp installed while cylinders were removed. the wires are normally Adel clamped to intake tubes which were not installed yet. good eye though!!

Thanks for the clarification...my eyes ain't that good!

Regards,