Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
Have any of you folks come up with luggage that works well in RV's? Let's face it, getting oversized bags that are packed by the Mrs. are almost impossible to get in and out of the slider RV's. With this in mind we bought a couple of carry on style suit cases with wheels and the slide out handle but these too are heavy and can be stuffed so full that it becomes troublesome to load and unload. The best luck we've had is with lightweight sports bags with no frills. (This of course is my opinion. My wife likes the suit cases more to keep her stuff from wrinkling and for all the little compartments.) Come on folks, there has to be some kind of nice, extremely light baggage that isn't so big that I can't lift hers. :eek: Any ideas? Please help.

Regards,

Addendum.....

We used to go scuba diving all over and we learned a neat trick. You can roll all your pants and shirts and undies into sausage-like rolls without them wrinkling.. :eek: Lay the pants down and start rolling at the cuffs, very tightly and continue, removing wrinkles as you go. Keep it tight until you're at the waist and pack it into the side of your suitcase. Roll the shirts from the bottom up, also tightly into a roll and lay them next to the other rolls. You'll be amazed at how small a suitcase you can get by with doing this with all the air out of them. Try it........ ;)
Regards,

You can roll all your pants and shirts and undies into sausage-like rolls without them wrinkling..

Exactly...now put that rolled up clothing in a nylon mesh bag so you can see it, and you'll never look back. Or...you could use waterproof bags (like you'd use for canoeing) if you need waterproof (and a bit more style).

Anything else doesn't fit the space too well and is heavy...

Try these...

pierre smith said:
You'll be amazed at how small a suitcase you can get by with doing this with all the air out of them. Try it........ ;)
Regards,

These items will also get the air out of things and pack them solidly. If you can then get the right size soft sided luggage for the folder chosen, you can get pretty compact...

http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessories/packing_folders/Medium-Folder-ES-40317/

Also these bags can help with the small items...

http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessories/packing_cubes/

We've been using these for years, but they were hard to find.... I have recently seen them in our local mall Samsonite store...
They also help prevent wrinkling.

gil in Tucson - but spoiled with the Tiger rear space... :)

clothes

Ah yes.... when we were "somewhere else" we packed extremely light... Our TA-50 and ALSE and bedroll. For our clothes... we put them in black trash bags and sat on them squeezing the air out. We then put all our bags in our rucks and stuck them in the helicopter. It's amazing what you can pack in a ruck when you've squeezed all the air out of each bag.
Brian

I labeled my baggage area "Maximum Weight 60LBS" even tho it is 100lbs. If my wife saw it labeled 100lbs there would be 90lbs of her stuff in there and I would have 10lbs.