selhardt

Well Known Member
I just saw the photo post on the "RV Factory" in Brazil - explains the part shortages and crating delays from Vans.

My SB fuse kit (ordered end of September) is stuck in some kind of "perfect storm" (their words) of issues.

Don't wait to order your kits boys!

I'm with ya. SB -10 wings on order since 8 Sep 09. After watching the Van's factory tour ANN video, makes me think that the 2 folks whose job is to montior inventory need to go back to management school.

I just saw the photo post on the "RV Factory" in Brazil - explains the part shortages and crating delays from Vans.

My SB fuse kit (ordered end of September) is stuck in some kind of "perfect storm" (their words) of issues.

Don't wait to order your kits boys!

I hate to hear this. I ordered my -8 SB fuse kit the end of November and it is "scheduled" to ship the 3rd week of January. How about letting us know when you finally get yours. Thanks.

I'm with ya. SB -10 wings on order since 8 Sep 09. After watching the Van's factory tour ANN video, makes me think that the 2 folks whose job is to montior inventory need to go back to management school.

I Imagine one of the things taught in management school is how to reorganize a companys day to day operations, and adjust its production schedules to allow it to survive in a slow economy...but since I never went to management school I can't say for sure. ;)

I Imagine one of the things taught in management school is how to reorganize a companys day to day operations, and adjust its production schedules to allow it to survive in a slow economy...but since I never went to management school I can't say for sure. ;)

I say let them keep doing whatever they're doing, GO VANS!

I say let them keep doing whatever they're doing, GO VANS!

Amen to that! Vans does an awesome job in my opinion. One thing that building a plane will teach you and that is patience.

I am amazed that they do what they do and keep the cost down to something a poor boy like me can afford.

...One thing that building a plane will teach you and that is patience.

I am amazed that they do what they do and keep the cost down to something a poor boy like me can afford.

Very true! But sometimes the giddiness of anticipation of what's coming overrides the patience. (I want it NOW!):D

QB kits take longer

I ordered my QB fuselage at Sun-n-Fun 2009; it should arrive on the 22nd of January. My empennage and SB wing kits are complete including the wing tips and lights. Great kit and worth the wait.

Kit woes

I ordered my emp. kit July 30, 09'. It arrived Aug 23.
Wing ordered at same time, arrived late Sept.
Fuse ordered in Sept, they told me it would arrive the week of Nov 20th. It came right after Christmas with several bulkheads/hardware on back order.

In conversations I've had, I was told that they are getting caught up and when I order my finishing kit in the next month or so they should be able to send it on time.

Chris