bhassel

Well Known Member
Ever since we went to Oshkosh in 2001, then started our 9 back in Feb of 2002 (yeah really slow build), Waco in ? (the year of the RV8 Crash) & LOE in 2004, I've been in the mind set that it was all about the RV's; those incredibly beautiful magic carpets that kept my eye and my mind, that made my dreams soar.

It wasn't until last week, post LOE 2009 that it dawned on me (I know I'm slow) that the real beauty of the RV's are the people that build and fly and talk and soar. I've missed that until now. Oh I've been impressed with you and hung onto evey word I could hear, about the build or flight characteristics. I certainly never miss a travel story posted here or on the other web sites. I just never made that simple connection. RV people are family, a brotherhood is too rigid and limiting a word. Family says it all.

I remember waiting to take a shot of an aircraft until everyone got out of the way (something hard to do!) at LOE 2009. Then I set back down and went thought the pictures again. I went through everyone's not just mine. The thing that I found that captivated me and sparked my memories were the people. The kindness, laughter and tales that were shared.

I'm sorry I missed that until now, we geeks sometimes are not real quick - heck sometimes I'm not real quick.

Thanks everyone for helping see the real beauty. Thanks for sharing...

Bob