Maule

Has anyone used the above mentioned company for your interior? Would appreciate your commentary on quality, finished product and price. Thanks, Scott

Check the search function on this. There will be a lot of reading! I have Classic Aero, and they are very high quality, not to mention great looking.

See the advertisement at the left. Lot's of pics on their website.

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Has anyone used the above mentioned company for your interior? Would appreciate your commentary on quality, finished product and price. Thanks, Scott

Lots - you will probably hear from quite a few. I ordered mine in late summer and they were extremely easy to work with and the work is flawless. It was expensive, but you get what you pay for and its first class. You will not be disappointed.

Awesome.

I have the whole interior. Firstly, they are a great company to work with and will do all they can to meet your specific color requirements etc.

Secondly the quality is outstanding. The stitching is top class and the side panels look better than in most certified aircraft. I would like to sit on a set of oregon aero seats to compare to mine, but the aviator seats from these guys are excellent.

Hugh.

Better yet, since you're in Oregon, go take a visit to the shop. You'll have a hard time finding a better product on the market.

weight?

I am very likely going with their interior too. My only hesitation is that it apparently weighs a lot. Not sure how the weight compares with other interior options...

I am very likely going with their interior too. My only hesitation is that it apparently weighs a lot. Not sure how the weight compares with other interior options...

Each component by themselves are not too heavy, they have tried to keep it light. But the full blown interior is almost a system. You have side panels, rear panels, baggage area panels. And if you buy leather, the leather is heavy too. For example the side panels. They are put on a lightweight backing material and are not too bad. But they are obviously heavier than nothing or a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet. It adds up. Of course you can not buy the whole system if your weight conscious.

In my case I have been doing everything I can to keep weight down. But I wanted a nice interior so I am giving some back there... I figure I will spend a lot of time in it and want it first class. YMMV and I certainly respect any builder who wanted to keep the weight down and traded off plushness for weight.

I waited to order mine until I got to actually sit in an RV-9A to see if I would like it. Oh yea! Just received my interior from Classic Aero today - early Christmas. Everything was nicely packed and individually wrapped to protect the pieces. Can't wait see it installed.

Now if I can just get that slider done! :)

Mike

Quality, top notch. Finish product, they only make RV interiors. Price, reasonable for what you get.

I do have a complaint, well at least a comment though. The kits for the 6, 7, and 10 are really nice and I'm sure the 12 will as well. The side panels finish out those aircraft as nicely as any production aircraft. Unfortunatly they don't offer the same for the 8's. I really wish they would take the time to develop side panels for the 8. Guess there isn't enough demand.

To be fair, my seats are absolutely perfect and in my opinion there isn't anything else that can compare.