tkatc

Well Known Member
I'm feeling the pain that "condition inspection" month brings. Aside from maintenance I have had some equipment failures that I need to pay for as well. The wallet is NOT happy. Don't forget, insurance renewal is also due next month. :eek:

But I am happy to report I just caught a break. My insurance renewal just went down $700!! :D. I was paying $2200 during my first year of ownership with a $75k hull value. This year the bill is only $1500. Not cheap but it is a welcome reduction.

2200 for the first year in a 7A, wow. I cant wait to find out what my -8 will be, as I am a low time tailwheel pilot...

Anyone know a round about?

RV-8, $90,000 hull, high total pilot time (22,000+), low TW time (50 hrs or so prior to Phase I), Falcon Insurance (Global); $1900. Included first flight.

I only had 130 hours or so when I started. Insurance required 5 hours dual instruction in an RV and 5 hours solo before carrying passengers. (I recommend Jan Bussell) I was ok with the price last year and am HAPPY with the new price.

Wondering if it will go down more next year or have I reached the plateau?

Interesting. I have the same flying habits as you and raked couple hours more in my RV. Should I expect the same reduction? :D Who is your insurance provider I might switch. With this amount of reduction underwriter will pay me :D