Leland

Well Known Member
While at AirVenture, I took advantage of the "free-hat" offer for getting an insurance quote from Falcon. Falcon just sent an e-mail quoting $1740 for one million in liability and 60K of hull insurance. AIG renewed my insurance two months ago for $1245, for the same coverage. My own agent had also quoted Global Aerospace at $1540, for 1 M$ liability but only 40K$ hull.

AIG took a substantial decrease in rates when I passed 600 hours PIC and 300 hours in type.
Leland
RV9A

Still sounds better than the ridiculous quote I received through Falcon earlier today for an RV4 that I will be replacing my RV7A with. With no tail wheel time yet I may as well be a leper. Never mind my over 300 hours of RV time and another 500+ hours of assorted time in many types of SEL and an instrument rating.

I'm making the agent work hard now. What's the deal with needing 25 hours dual in a tail wheel (Global)? Either they are not thinking about the reality of this silly requirement or they figure you'll spend the entire 25 hours doing take offs and landings...yeah right.

Oh....the numbers....$2034 + 15 hrs dual and 20 TO & Ldgs to a full stop. At twice the hull value I pay less than this on my RV7A. Do you think they would notice if I only did 20 TO's and 19 Ldgs :D