scsmith

Well Known Member
I just saw the map and lead-in on Doug's homepage about the RV-Hotel registry. I didn't know about this.

Thanks to all those that have posted so far offering space.

I think if this could be expanded some, it would be a fantastic feature.
Would love to see more entries in the rural west near sites that are great to visit - Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico.

I'll add my name in California (bay area).

I remember a post a few years ago from a fellow in Tuscany that was interested in home/airplane swap. Insurance might be dicey, but I'd love to do that too. Ed io parlo un po' di italiano! Ma ho bisogno di leggere i instrumente nel englese.

snip....
Thanks to all those that have posted so far offering space....snip

Absolutely! Thanks to all that have listed (I was on that list until we had Tater...now no more free space unless you want to sleep on the floor - when Audrey goes off to college we'll re-up).

What I like about this list of places to stay is that you can call somebody on it and you don't have to worry about what will be on the other end of the trip. "I could take you out to dinner, but instead let's go to Arby's for some takeout and I'll show you the garage project." Perfect.

I also like that in this time of tightened fiscal belts this setup makes traveling in the RV a little more affordable.

Great community (of course).

br,
dr

Last edited:
On another site, there's the same "free lodging" deal for Goldwing riders. The site is run by Rick Brown. I think it's slugbuster.com.

Marshall Alexander

IIRC....

....the RV hotel was started as a safe haven for coastal residents that were 'hurricane threatened' in order to move their airplanes inland away from danger.

Obviously, it's grown to be a place to accomodate travelers and meet one another....neat.

Best,