It cannot be described in just a few words, and truthfully, it must be experienced !!
Bill E.
RV4/N76WE
Advance NC/8A7
Phase 2 this weekend..grin can now travel !

I am debating which model to build........I am inclined to go with a Side by Side at this time since I already have a tamdem aircraft

Giles 202...

I've been dreaming of that aircraft for years! Please tell me it sucks, that will save me a bunch of money in the future!:rolleyes:

Scott

Giles 202...

I've been dreaming of that aircraft for years! Please tell me it sucks, that will save me a bunch of money in the future!:rolleyes:

Scott

Rhino. Sorry to kidnap my own tread...

Sorry...the Giles 202 its all of it and much much more! I was talking by email with Chris Meyer, owner of MX aircraft factory here in NC recently and I asked is he was bringing a rebadged Giles 202 as a lower cost option to the MX2....still waiting for a response! I was lucky to buy Primal Fear...she is a keeper

BTW...the paint job was done by Swiss Surrealist HR.Giger who won an Osar in 1980 for Best Achievement for Visual Effects for the Movie Alliens......I had the paint inspected by an "Art experts and claims I have flying Art!!! A "Car Show Custom Painters" said the detailed crafmatship is just impossible to duplicate and he was puzzled as to the technique used....he estimates the cost of paint in excesss of $40K and here I was thinking about painting the darn thing just like my old pitts!!!!! LOL!

IMG_1603.jpg

Last edited:
Total thread creep... sorry.

Amazing airplane! Funny thing, the article about your plane was what started my obsession with Giles 202.

Please keep me in mind when you get a response regarding a restart of the 202 kit. I'd love to hear whats going on? Last time I talked to the designer they were just focused on the Redbull races.

Again, you have an AMAZING plane!

Scott

Total thread creep... sorry.

Amazing airplane! Funny thing, the article about your plane was what started my obsession with Giles 202.

Please keep me in mind when you get a response regarding a restart of the 202 kit. I'd love to hear whats going on? Last time I talked to the designer they were just focused on the Redbull races.

Again, you have an AMAZING plane!

Scott

You are right...MX lost position in the aerobatic world by concentrating too much resources in the Red Bull Races. I personally dont think they will like to have a AEIO-360 unlimited rebadged Giles 202 competing against the HP beast MX-2...HOWEVER>>>>if fuel prices still keep on the rise, they will have no choice...I know thats why I sold my S2B and was looking for and RV8 when I came across this beauty

I think the thing that sets the RV grin apart is its permanence. I'm sure Neil Armstrong had a great grin after he set foot on the moon but it probably faded when he realized he couldn't repeat the feat. On the other hand, I just took a schoolmate up in my -6A and will get to go again tomorrow. And the next day. The RV Grin is the grin that keeps on grinning...:D

Last edited:
I think the thing that sets the RV grin apart is its permanence. I'm sure Niel Armstrong had a great grin after he set foot on the moon but it probably faded when he realized he couldn't repeat the feat. On the other hand, I just took a schoolmate up in my -6A and will get to go again tomorrow. And the next day. The RV Grin is the grin that keeps on grinning...:D

Love it! I am a fan of the 6...I love the side by side and flying characteristics....what kind of engine do you have in yours? performance?

See my sig for the engine. As for performance, I really need to finish the fairings and paint it but even 'dirty' you might say the performance is 'Superior';)