olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Greetings to all from St Louis,

We have a 4 ship (3 RV-4s & an RV-8) here in St Louis and try to fly as much as schedules and weather allow. We don't always get everybody together but we certainly have fun when we do. We fly by the FFI standards and have one Air Force and one Marine fighter pilot and 2 GA pilots in our group. We do not fly during air shows but certainly do like to arrive with 4 on initial.

Why am I posting this you ask? Always looking for more local RV pilots to join us. We do not "wing it" so to speak. We brief, fly disciplined formation and thoroughly debrief each flight IAW the FFI training manual. We are critical of each other and would eventually like to attend a formation clinic in the future. We do not have any formation certification to allow us to participate in airshows but would like to get certified at some point. This would allow us to fly in some of the local notamed airspace during fly ins and small shows. If there are any FFI certified RV guys or Team RV pilots in the area we would appreciate meeting with you.

Oly

Last edited:
FFI Pilots

You have several FFI formation pilots over in Kansas City area as well as Pine Bluff and up in Poplar Grove.

Sorry you did not make our formation clinic at Pine Bluff last weekend.

Formation Clinic

Stu,

Could you please post your Formation Clinic schedule for 2013?

I am very interested in attending.

Thank you.

RV formation

Are there any FFI guys in St Louis? Is there a current list published of all the FFI card carrying pilots? I try to keep track of the formation clinics but sometimes I'm not aware of them until they are over. Is there a central place I can check for upcoming clinics in the future? I usually am on The VAF forum at least once a day so this is always a good place to keep up on all the RV stuff.

Last edited:
Formation Clinics

We publish the formation clinics here on VAF forums in the Formation Flying section. The Pine Bluff clinic was published long time ago, but if you only check the Posted Today list you might have missed it. We have not established the 2013 dates for clinics, but check the Formation Flying section occasionally.