flyindoorman

Well Known Member
Looking for recomendations for A & P and avionics shop or freelance avionics guy in San Antonio area. Any recomendations appreciated

if you find an experienced RV mechanic....

...in the san antonio area, i and a couple of other folks might need him on occasion too. word of mouth is the best advertisement, and so on...

Day late and a dollar short. The best RV A&P in San Antonio is Ed Santiago of Caribbean Aviation based at Bulverde (1T8) Airport. Ed built one of the very early RV-4's. He has since built or assisted on a significant number of RVs and is currently building an RV-8. But Ed is now retired.
A close runner-up to Ed Santiago is Scott Solberg at Boerne Stage (5C1) Airport. Scott built a very nice RV-8 with an IO-550, but Scott has given up his private A&P work and is now working for Texas Skyways at Boerne.
A great loss to the RV community around San Antonio.

For avionics check in with McKee Avionics in San Marcos (40 miles north of SAT) and ask for Eric. He has wired/built the panels on at least 10 RVs that I am aware of---including doing a significant amount of the wiring on my 9a.

For a mechanic I can't help but if you contact Phil or Ted at the Plane Talk Hangar (two of the three RV wise men) they could probably point you in the right direction--they are located on the Lockhart, TX airport.

Cheers,

db

Thanks

Thanks for the replys. I know Scott from when he worked for the FBO at Boerne Stage but did not know he was an RV guy. Has he totally stopped independant work ?

I will call the avionics shop in San Marcos this afternoon when I have a break.

Once again thanks for the replys.

That Rv-7 now lives at 52F with it's new owner. You'll also find Randy Richmond there (best RV wrench around). It's worth the trip to Fort Worth.:D

Thanks for the replys. I know Scott from when he worked for the FBO at Boerne Stage but did not know he was an RV guy. Has he totally stopped independant work ?

I will call the avionics shop in San Marcos this afternoon when I have a break.

Once again thanks for the replys.

I had a complete EFIS panel installed in my RV-7 by Erik at McKee Avionics in San Marcos last March through May. Send me a PM and I'll provide some details about that adventure.
Nomadicram