On my way to OSH I was chatting on 122.75 to two Harmon Rockets over Missouri when one called out low fuel pressure on his mechanical pump. He hit the boost pump and no joy. 5 mins later he calls out his tanks are "sucking in' :eek:. I did not hear what happened until I was tying down my plane and 2 Rockets taxied by. I walked over after they shut down to learn mud dabbers had nearly runied their day. Both tank vents were plugged.

Larry, any way to find out the rest of the story? Did the engine quit due to lack of fuel? Did he dead stick onto a runway?

looks like a great job...

just the way it's supposed to happen, if it happens at all. i wonder if the pilot gets a bill from the farmer for the inevitable crop damage? guess if so, the liability insurance would cover it? he may have ruined quite a few bean plants.

Larry, any way to find out the rest of the story? Did the engine quit due to lack of fu. I am assuming there was enough air leaking around the fuel tank caps, and vets to keep him going. . Not good. el? Did he dead stick onto a runway?

He said he made the airport with power. I looked at his tanks and they were fine. He is still parked in the HBC area south of the RV-10's

Last edited: