n700jl

Well Known Member
Sponsor
RV Operation Airlift 2024!

We need you and your plane tomorrow October 6th 2024 at 8am MQJ airport Indianapolis Regional

We have emergency supplies that need delivered to Ashe County Airport NC! (KGEV) approximately 300 nautical miles. Any size aircraft is acceptable. Fuel is available at KMQJ and KGEV)! You and your aircraft must be able to safely land at an airport that has a 3100ft elevation and a 5000ft runway. We have approximately 10,000 pounds of emergency supplies that need airlifted. See you in the morning! Thank you! We will load aircraft at this Blue Hangar on the west side of the airport.

Attachments

• C5BAC896-9FCE-43FE-A172-D6724C2C7AFA.jpeg
    C5BAC896-9FCE-43FE-A172-D6724C2C7AFA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
Just curious if this has been coordinated with the Guard, FEMA, or other authorities. I know some GREAT folks and GREAT organized groups have been doing airlifts for the past week, and most of the folks I know that have been doing them have said that in the past 24 hours those civilian, immediate response efforts are winding down because the big boys are getting stuff where it needs to go.

I totally applaud all the volunteers, especially pilots, offering their own time and planes - but hope it is coordinated. I’ve been a trained first responder on many, many hurricane disasters, and free-lancers - even well-meaning ones - can put themselves and others in awkward situations.

Paul,
Yes this in coordination with Ashe County airport! There is still a need in that area. We flew 3 RV-10's down yesterday. Very well organized airport and supportive Ashe County emergency response team. Supplies are being transported by helicopter and off road vehicles to the effected areas.

Paul,
Yes this in coordination with Ashe County airport! There is still a need in that area. We flew 3 RV-10's down yesterday. Very well organized airport and supportive Ashe County emergency response team. Supplies are being transported by helicopter and off road vehicles to the effected areas.
I second that just flew in there this morning and I was flying in all week long.