Aaron Miller
Greg Niehaus
Dave Syverston
Nick? From Milton Fl
Jay Pratt & Carol

Gary Sobek
Rstisser

First responders please PM me or call me @ 770-823-1713
You can stay for any part of the week that you choose.
We will have at least two car rentals available to get us to the ski areas
I will be departing Denver airport on Sat Jan 18th and returning The following Sat if a ride is needed. There is also bus service available.

If you fly into Eagle-Vail then someone will pick you up.

Be advised the home is at 9000 ft so flat landers must be prepared for altitude sickness. Your up there permanently not for a couple of hours and it will affect you.

If others not on the list are interested then please advise as an alternate list will be made if the above listed people don't go or don't go for the whole week.

Plan B for others that are interested would be to make your own accomodations and we can meet up and ski and party after.

Looking forward to a week of skiing!

John Morgan

What day does the formation skiing clinic start?:D

We'll be out at Copper end of February. Would love to join this as a tune-up, but it's not really in the budget this year.

President's Day Weekend?

If this trip is over President's Day Weekend, be aware that there are blackout dates for Vail and Beaver Creek on the ski ticket "4-packs" and even season passes available online. Read the fine print.. Should be a good year to visit the Rockies.

Last edited:
It is over President's day weekend but we have transportation and will likely ski several areas within an hour plus of the house. Ie keystone or Breckinridge or Copper man etc

John Morgan

Epic Pass (Most Expensive)

I believe the Epic Pass is the only one with no blackout dates, so if you plan to ski that weekend and do some more skiing too, then perhaps that makes sense. You can buy day tickets (obviously) for anywhere you go. I was just trying to caution people about the package deals and lower priced passes, since they are blacked out over President's Day weekend. My family always buys the Epic Local pass, so we would have to buy tickets to ski Vail or Beaver Creek during the blackout dates. I think we can still ski Keystone, Arapahoe Basin or perhaps Breckenridge over the President's Day weekend though. I like them all. Perhaps I could meet up with the group on the mountain while you're here and show you guys up... I mean "around".:p

The only blackout date is jan18 which is the Sat that we arrive so we would not ski that day anyway.
The EPIC pass for 4 days looks like the way to go.
We would ski a max of 6 days so the 7 day pass is overkill.
I do not see any EPIC pass for seniors 65+.
Chances are we will get at least 1 really bad weather day and us old farts may need a midweek day off anyway.

Maybe Mike can advise us here as he is a local. The ski shops use to sell discount tickets but I have not skied CO in 5 or 6 years so maybe they no longer offer them.

Mike please PM me your cell # & email so I can add you to the contact list.
You need to know where we are going if you want to join us to ski.

John Morgan

Altitude

The Navy has kept me at sea level for over a decade and being a helicopter guy, anything over a thousand MSL is strange (wow, you can see a lot from up here). Maybe a few days at the relative low elevation of 9K will be nice intermixed with the 11K mountain tops! Diamox too:eek:

The only blackout date is jan18 which is the Sat that we arrive so we would not ski that day anyway.
The EPIC pass for 4 days looks like the way to go.
We would ski a max of 6 days so the 7 day pass is overkill.
I do not see any EPIC pass for seniors 65+.
Chances are we will get at least 1 really bad weather day and us old farts may need a midweek day off anyway.

Maybe Mike can advise us here as he is a local. The ski shops use to sell discount tickets but I have not skied CO in 5 or 6 years so maybe they no longer offer them.

Mike please PM me your cell # & email so I can add you to the contact list.
You need to know where we are going if you want to join us to ski.

John Morgan

John,

Since you guys are mainly skiing mid-week, I'll likely be working, so can't join except maybe that first Sunday. Funny to hear me called a Colorado "local," but I guess I've been here long enough (2006). I actually grew up in Georgia and still have family there (Kennesaw area). There is PLENTY to enjoy in the town of Vail or Avon, so if you're lodging is there, you'll probably spend your day(s) off there. There is however good Outlet Center shopping to be had for the ladies in the town of Silverthorne. I'd also recommend spending some time in the town of Breckenridge for dining, bars, shopping. All in all you can't go wrong. I'll send you a PM with my info, so you can let me know your itinerary. It would certainly be fun to ski with some fellow RVators, especially sweet-tea-lovin' low-landers! :D

Logistics

I am not sure how much logistically this is worth just to save a few bucks, but if we can swing by a local (CO) military base to get a voucher, I can supposedly get up to 10 $55 passes for friends at copper mountain.

Military Tix to Copper Mtn

Nick,

That's a pretty good deal, and I know people who've done this. However, it's nice to have a choice of several resorts to explore, since you'll be here for a week. In other words, I wouldn't limit yourself to just Copper for the week.

Tickets

I will be purchasing my plane tickets, Navy just approved the leave! I will skip the Epic pass as it looks like tickets at the window will be cheaper for military (and maybe even 65+).

My schedule just changed so I may actually be home in Colorado that week. If anyone wants to come over and ski the Aspen - Snowmass area, let me know. The Glenwood Springs Hot Springs Pool is a great place to relax after a day of skiing!

Boooked

Arriving DEN 18 Jan 11:40 AM

Departing DEN 25 Jan 4:05 PM

Southwest (Nonstop!)

Last edited: