Hal-san

Well Known Member
Patron
Not sure if this was an RV or not. See article below.

KOMO 4 NEWS

Two people have died in the crash of a small plane Saturday afternoon near Stanwood in Snohomish County, officials said.

Killed in the crash were the pilot, a 54-year-old woman from Camano Island, and her niece, a 34-year-old woman from Oak Harbor, said a spokesman for the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.

The pilot was communicating with her husband just before the crash and told him the plane was losing power. She tried to land the plane in a field, but the aircraft flipped on its nose, officials said.

The plane is an experimental fixed wing plane, Model RV-GA. It crashed at about in the 25700 block of 95th Ave. NW. in Stanwood.

The first call came in to 911 at about 1 p.m. Crews from Fire District 14 responded and found the two women dead at the scene.

Stanwood is located near Camano Island, north of Everett.

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the crash, with assistance from the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.

I just saw this on the news and it looked like a 6 or a 7. I'm sure the RV-GA is a typo for 6A. My condolences to the families.

Last edited:
Be Decent - Avoid Speculation

//At least wait until there are more facts than what you can read in a press report.

By way of guidance, when is that point?

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to live out there.. my prayers go out to the loved ones of the 2 ladies that perished in that accident.

Everyone deals with grief differently.

I sincerely hope the families & friends of those who lost their lives can find a way to deal with their grief.

Last edited:
Bad day in the NW. The news reported the crash in WA as an RV-6 but when they showed a photo of the airplane and you see the photo of the crash site I would say it is an RV-6A. The crash site is in an open field that is planted with tulips, they are all underground, but the field is furrowed.

There was also a Lancair that crashed on the field at Portland.

My thoughts are with all the family and friends of those lost.

The plane was an RV-6A - N154RM. The pilot was named as Ann Price. She co-owned the plane but didn't build it. (this gotten from FAA registration database)

The pilot was was talking to her husband right before the crash and told him the plane lost power and she was trying to land it. The only pic I've seen shows the plane augered into a field. She was an aerobatic pilot, having placed second in an "International Aerobatic Club competition in Ephrata, Wash., that involved precision flying."
(from KIRO TV)

Last edited: