lostpilot28

Well Known Member
Hope I'm not stirring anything up here.

At Caldwell Industrial airport yesterday there was a small airplane that appeared to be coming back to land after some kind of "mechanical trouble" and he was too low and hit the power lines. The story can be found here: Link

The only reason I'm asking about it here is that when I saw the news later on, they were hauling the destroyed aircraft away on a flatbed truck...I could clearly see the canopy frame and it was identical to the RV-6/7/9 frame. I could also tell that the airplane was white with a green and blue stripe down the side.

I wish there was more information available, but so far they haven't been able to identify the airplane or the pilot.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the pilot.

Do they have that video posted online? With the description you have, I may know who the airplane belongs to.

Hope I'm not stirring anything up here.

At Caldwell Industrial airport yesterday there was a small airplane that appeared to be coming back to land after some kind of "mechanical trouble" and he was too low and hit the power lines. The story can be found here: Link

The only reason I'm asking about it here is that when I saw the news later on, they were hauling the destroyed aircraft away on a flatbed truck...I could clearly see the canopy frame and it was identical to the RV-6/7/9 frame. I could also tell that the airplane was white with a green and blue stripe down the side.

I wish there was more information available, but so far they haven't been able to identify the airplane or the pilot.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the pilot.

Apparently they identified the pilot as Justin Walker. I don't know if he was a member here at VAF, or not.

Rest in peace, Justin.