erich weaver

Well Known Member
Patron
Surprised that I cannot easily find a source for an RV window decal. Looking for a simple silouette of the airplane, preferrably of an RV-7A for my purposes. Expected Van's to have them, but apparently not, and nothing from my quick search here either. A google search lists "nonstop aviation", where there is a description that sounds promising, but no picture, so not sure they even have them anymore. Anybody have a source? Seems like we should all have these on the rear window of our vehicles so we can say hey to each other during those chance encounters at the gas station during a road trip : )
Maybe another good charity fundraising item for this forum?

erich

RV7A decal

Surprised that I cannot easily find a source for an RV window decal. Looking for a simple silouette of the airplane, preferrably of an RV-7A for my purposes. Expected Van's to have them, but apparently not, and nothing from my quick search here either. A google search lists "nonstop aviation", where there is a description that sounds promising, but no picture, so not sure they even have them anymore. Anybody have a source? Seems like we should all have these on the rear window of our vehicles so we can say hey to each other during those chance encounters at the gas station during a road trip : )
Maybe another good charity fundraising item for this forum?

erich

Hi Erich
I have done my own RV7A slider decals. I Brought a vinyl cutter to do the graphics on my plane and decided as a project to do a RV7A for the car, tool box, computer, fridge.......
If you would like one I can do you one with your Registration or what ever you want as text. I would only ask for postage costs.
What size and color are you after?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mick

Last edited:
Got mine here...

I think http://www.aircraftstickers.com has what you're looking for. Great service and the stickers look cool!

Small%20RV%20sticker.jpg

HTH

Dave

Last edited:
I make my own. Somewhere in the mess that is my computer desk are 4 RV-8 stickers. Now where did they go...

decals .......with twin .303's ?

..okay, that's the coolest avatar ever!..an RV strafing the 'undesirables'........ or are those 50's? ....(for a little more punch??? )

man I wish I lived in Texas....( here - they made me take the 'frickin' laser off my RV-9a!) :)

Last edited:
here's an rv-7a tipup outline that can be used for stickers etc..., just cut the text.

eps is encapsulated postscript, can be either rasterized for bitmap processing or used as vector data.

http://www.flyvans.com/rv7a_new.eps

edit:
to see what's in the .eps for further processing:
rv7a_new.jpg

regards, bernie

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. Pretty close to what I was looking for, although in my infinite pickyness, I was hoping for something with an oblique view that showed some wing rather than the standard profile or head-on view, and perhaps some sort of stylized indication of a spinning prop.
The ones suggested would definitely do the job though. Will probably go with the "aircraft stickers" offerings unless I come up with something better or get really inspired to have something original produced.

Regards

Erich

Edit: Haven't gotten the eps file to open yet, but will check that out from work where I can get some help!

Last edited:
..okay, that's the coolest avatar ever!..an RV strafing the 'undesirables'........ or are those 50's? ....(for a little more punch??? )

man I wish I lived in Texas....( here - they made me take the 'frickin' laser off my RV-9a!) :)

Not 50's, 20mm Vulcan cannon...lol. The owner of flyaceshigh.com modeled his personal airplane for use in simulator programing. Several years ago the model was changed to add the guns (no weight penalty) for a convention. Attendees were able to fly the gun tote'n RV for a couple of hours before being put in the barn, never to be seen again. The next year they had 'sharks with frickin laser beams' to fly around. Gotta love it.