RickWoodall

Well Known Member
I have seen some nice dash coverings that do a good job of dressing up the aluminum and also providing a nice cover and giving a more automotive type finished look to the glare shield, and canopy construction.

Anyone have a strong pirep on who makes a good one at a good price. Thanks.

I went to the local upholstery warehouse and purchased some black vinyl upholstery. I also purchased some foam headliner materiel that is aprox. 3/16" thick. I used the headliner material under the vinyl to produce a soft pad feel and glued it all together with spray contact cement. works for me.

Sorry. I don't have a specific picture handy of it. you can see it is some of these.

IMAG0412.jpg

20130502_072257.jpg

That is beautiful, your n number reminds me of a joke, why is 6 afraid of 7....because 7 ate 9. :D

Rick,
I could not find a picture of mine on my work computer but Classic Aero makes a very nice cushion. They are also a site sponsor and very nice to work with.

dash cover, and edge pad

kind of 2 things to address here.

edge pad;
to look nice, and keep the metal edge from slicing your face in half upon impact. ( ask Harrison about this)
common treatment is auto door edge, then slit fuel line rubber, then foam pad until you feel safe, or the fancy leather cover!
bonus, you can hide cable inside the foam roll edge!

glareshield cover;
to reduce glare, should be a dark colour, and matte finish.
I bought a BBQ mat at Wair-Mart, which was like naugahyde on one side, fuzzy on the back. Installed it upside down with a few tabs of carpet tape, the fuzz side is a good surface as it allows me to attach any item with Velcro hooks to the area ( GPS antennae, SPOT tracker, Zaon XRX etc.) I then cover the item with a small chunk of the offcut mat so it doesn't reflect in the windshield.
windshield%20left_zpsyezloldg.jpg

Last edited:
Dash cover

Some 'trunk carpet' from a local car parts store and some double-sided tape work great. The carpet texture keeps glare down and things don't slide around in flight.

Can't help with a pad but regarding the cover I might suggest convertible top material. Non glare, made to be in the sun all the time, tough as nails.

pad

Jesse, What is the third slot for ? Flashlite, pencil, maybe you took up smoking and need a spot for a lighter, but I think that's not the right answer. Look's nice Jesse. Ron

Jesse, What is the third slot for ? Flashlite, pencil, maybe you took up smoking and need a spot for a lighter, but I think that's not the right answer. Look's nice Jesse. Ron

Nickels, dimes, and quarters?? For paying landing fees??

Thin flashlight Ron.

We need to get together for breakfast soon. Where did you say that restaurant near Monroe is?

Breakfast

Jesse, Went to Lonerock wed. morning, a couple of planes there. Got a busy Easter but after that if you fly to Monroe for lunch we can go to Baumgartners for Swiss cheese on rye or if you are tough enough they have limburger too. I am not tough enough. Have you been to Lonerock (klnr) for breakfast ? Diner is right on ramp and there are usually a bunch of planes there. I get there about once a week.