Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
Yesterday it might have been the first RV Builders Workshop that took place more or less halfway around the wold from the "Mothership".
As I am currently busy building RV number 3, I get a lot of questions about building and and have therefore decided to host an RV Builders Workshop in my workshop in Centurion, South Africa.
The four prospective builders and myself had quite a fun day building these toolboxes and talking RV stuff all day long.
Completing their toolboxes produced the RV Grin and everyone left pumped up and looking forward to create their own flying machines.

Just out of interest - there are about 70 RV's flying in SA with about 80 under construction.

RV_Workshop_01.jpg

When I saw the thread I thought at first that they are posting from Moscow:) Those guys are on their third annual workshop which starts on Dec 13th. They do not have that many RV flying yet as you have in South Africa Jan, but their workshops are packed.
Good luck Jan,
What's that Russian guy (on the back) are doing there:D

Dobra Utro (good morning if I remember correctly) Vlad,
Russian? No. He is as South African as can be.

With my flying at World Championships and making friends with a number of Russians I have learned that they are VERY limited in where and when they are allowed to fly. As far as I know it is radio calls every 5 minutes, limited areas, etc. We are so blessed to be able to just jump in and go.

So they tend to put a lot of their energy and money into "ground" activities like spending a lot of money on flying club facilities etc.

Anyway it seems that I will have to do it again in the new year as there are a lot of interest.

I have also started a little non commercial website. See http://www.rvbits.com

Thanks

Baie Dankie (Pronounced: buy a donkey, Meaning: Many Thanks)

Thanks for a great workshop Jan, Having an experienced campaigner showing you the ropes makes things so much easier. We hope to move on to bigger and better things in the very near future. A 7 maybe?