BuckWynd

Well Known Member
Doug gave the OK to announce that I’m releasing the first in a new line of instructional DVDs for RV builders, hosted by award-winning RV builder Les Bourne.

Les’s RV-8, N393LS, won a Bronze Lindy at Oshkosh in 2004, and Reserve Grand Champion at Sun-n-Fun in 2005. He’s now building an amazing RV-8A.

The first DVD is called “RV Builder Basics, Vol. 1: Getting Started.” Les covers topics such as:
- Setting up a workshop
- Getting organized
- Sheet metal tools and how to use them (cutting, drilling, clecoing, deburring, dimpling/countersinking, riveting, etc.)
- How to read drawings
- Doing quality work
- How to get help
- Builder’s resources
- And much more…

The DVD is 98 minutes long and professionally produced. It would be good for anyone thinking about building an RV, or maybe just getting started with their project.

It’s available at HomebuilderVideos.com. More titles coming soon!

Last edited:
As a very newbie/novice to the aircraft homebuilder world, I found the video very helpful. I have scoured the interned looking for various tips I can learn about building--to shallow the learning curve. Some of the videos on the EAA website were helpful too, but I think this one is perfect for folks like me.
The tips and simple techniques made me feel more comfortable about my construction and hope there are more videos like this (Hint, Hint).

1st of hopefully many post!

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but any idea of when the next in the series might be released? These are great videos, and I would love to see the rest of the plane being built!