GTechRV

http://www.tehachapinews.com/home/ViewPost/18167

And at 22, I thought I was getting an early start! This kid has me beat by quite a bit. Although I do think its interesting to look at who wrote the article. Similar posting on AVweb. Way to go Rusty! Hope you finish it and end up coming to GTech (#2 Aerospace/#6 Mech. Eng. school in the US).

Wow! I was really working toward getting a tail kit this summer, and be building at 18! It's great the kid's doing what he is. Gives me more inspiration to work towards my goal of a -7.

Last edited:
I would have loved to start building at that age however; I was not financially able to do so. In fact I may not be financially able at the age of 30. Good luck to you kid. If you are on this forum, get in touch with me. I live down the road from you.

osxuser said:
I'm freakin 21 and I can't afford it, but i'm stil building :)
I like it. I say a similar thing: "I can't afford it, but I'm doing it anyway." By the way, I'm 27 and was 24 when I started.

You got that nice expensive new engine and nice WW prop :). I've almost convinced myself I don't even need a CS...

Nope still gettin a Hartzell :) and whatever cheap runout/midtime engine I can find!

I'm 28, been building for 3 years. I can't afford it either but I figured I'd start now so I have plenty of time to enjoy it.

PJ
RV-10 #40032
Finishing

Im 22 and have a newly finished rv3 empennage. Check it out at www.myrv3.com. Its great to see younger guys building these things. Im the youngest guy in my EAA chapter by about 15 years.