Bill Phillips

Well Known Member
RV Buds, anyone live at or familiar with an airpark in middle Tennessee called Piney Creek Airpark? My wife and I are looking to buy, move and build and feel we can trust the RV Collective on the subject. We look to go for a visit this spring. I really hope to fly the Bluebird if she's out of phase. Pleased to hear anything about the park, etc., and thanks,
Bill Phillips
RV-8a Final Assembly, N288WP

Don't know anything about that park but there is a ton of FlyIn breakfast's held close around that area that have tons of RV's visiting em....

Piney Creek Airpark

Not been there yet, but they list a town called Altamon, Tn. on their web site for mail. The park is about 30 miles east of Arnold AFB (between Nashville and Chattanooga.) Anybody been there, know anybody that lives there or owns property? Thanks, Bill

Brian,

Brian, I know about where your from. Are you at one on the Tn Airparks ? I want my RV at home near other RVs. Maybe they'll breed and produce a Rocket! Bill:)

Bill, I know the owner very well. I worked with him for many years and he is an outstanding individual and good friend. The airpark is very nice, but I don't want to give you subjective advice on the park. I think you should see it yourself like you mentioned, and visit with the owners. I think you will like them as they are very laid back and pleasant people. PM me if you would like and I will provide some info or hook you up with the owners via phone or whatever else you need. Also I can give you more insight to their character via phone or PM.

Jim

Two other suggestions

Even if you are looking to retire don't forget LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!
You are still going to want to go to dinner, a movie grocery shopping etc. and heaven forbid should you wake up with a strange pain... you probably want help close by.

I am familiar with http://www.hensleyairpark.com/ near Greenville, TN and suggest you give it a look too. Wonderful Mountain views and RV friendly.

If convenience is very important I have 5 acre wooded tracts 3 miles from I-75 and I-40. 5 miles to Wal-mart Home depot, hospital etc. and 10 min into Knoxville,TN K80TN Check it out or give me a call.

Bill,

I forgot to mention the website in case you haven't seen it is www.pineycreekairpark.com and there is a lot of good info there. If you need to speak to someone, ask for Joe and tell him Jim sent you. Good luck with your future move.

Jim

Location is important. For years I thought I wanted to live on a more remote airpark with 5-10 acre lots. After years of dreaming, much research and looking I became aware that what I really needed was access to stores, theaters, international airports and, with aging, medical facilities. Reality sunk in.

There's also the social thing. What is there for the non flying spouse to do? Will you know your neighbors? At Independence there are numerous activities for the non flying spouse. Homes are close enough that it is a very "social" environment. I was told when we moved here that if we wanted to get anything done in the hangar, keep the door closed. Very true!

There are enough airpark choices out there that most peoples individual tastes can be satisfied.