floridawing

Well Known Member
Hello, I would like to get some training in basic aerobatics/formation in a RV 6/7. Does anyone know someone that offers this? If not in a RV, some type of aircraft that would make it a nice tranistion to a RV6. Thanks alot!

I should have mentioned he is a professional air show pilot and was once the pilot for the Toyota airshow team.

George

Florida acro operators from the list maintained by IAC:

http://www.iacusn.org/schools/index.php#state_FL_

If you're looking to start doing acro in your RV, you don't necessarily need RV-specific training. If you get safe and comfortable doing basic maneuvers in a Super D or Pitts, then you should be able to explore this on your own in the RV with the knowledge that the RV is a cleaner airframe. But sure wouldn't hurt to have an experienced RV pilot train you a little in the type you're flying.

A couple of things to note - if you get your basic aerobatics training with an aircraft with constant speed prop and then transition to a fixed prop, you need to pay close attention to your RPMs. An RV will also pick up speed faster on the down angle when compared to something like a Super Decathlon.

RV aerobatics

Thanks alot for all the information. I did not realize how clean the RV is and how fast it picks up speed going down hill!