Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Anyone know anything about an RV accident at McKinney airport about 5 pm today?

Just heard; RV, on take-off, wing folded "under", no injuries. No other info.

Okay, Lake LBJ is a long, long way from TKI! Mel, did you see something on our local news or what?

My information was from a friend and it was at least second hand, maybe more.
Since no one seems to know anything and it wasn't on any local news, I suspect the information is "suspect".

Anyone know anything about an RV accident at McKinney airport about 5 pm today?

Just heard; RV, on take-off, wing folded "under", no injuries. No other info.

Now that, I would consider almost impossible................:eek:

That's why I was trying to find out if anyone knew anything.
Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Granite Shoals RV-6 Mishap

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/144098036.html RV 4 crash in Colorado. Pilot not injured seriously

Second crash in TX of RV -6. Pilot killed, one injured. No names released yet.
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/hill_country/one-dies-in-granite-shoals-plane-crash

Pilot name disclosed in Central TX Granite Shoals mishap:

Fatal plane crash leaves teen injured
By AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF | Saturday, March 24, 2012, 10:27 PM

UPDATED 10:27 p.m.: A plane crash earlier tonight killed one man and injured another. Officials said it crashed into a residential yard in Granite Shoals, Texas Department of Public Safety reported.

Pilot Frank Rollin Enbody of Horseshoe Bay died in the crash, a Public Safety officer said, and 19-year-old Joshua Brandon Araiza of Granite Shoals was airlifted to University Medical Center Brackenridge with incapacitating injuries.

Araiza was in good condition, a Brackenridge spokeswoman said just before 10 p.m.

Enbody, 76, was flying out of the Sunrise Beach Airport and headed east. A preliminary investigation determined that the engine on the plane - an Experimental craft built from a kit - stopped, the Public Safety officer said. Witnesses said they heard the engine on the craft sputter and die, the officer said. Enbody was attempting to return to the airport, when at 6:32 p.m. he crashed into the yard of a home in the 200 block of Shorewood Drive in Granite Shoals, the officer said. He died at the scene.

The Federal Aviation Administration will continue the investigation into the crash.

Lynn Lunsford, a spokesman for the FAA, said the plane was a single-engine Experimental RV-6 aircraft. He said FAA investigators would arriveSunday morning. The National Transportation Safety Board has been notified and will be in charge of the investigation, Lunsford said.

Marble Falls police said the crash occurred near the intersection of North Shorewood Drive and West Bluebriar Drive ? just southeast of the Sunrise Beach Airport runway. Granite Shoals is on the shore of Lake LBJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.