rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I am in Glenwood Springs and looking to build an RV-9. Are their any RV-9 builders or owners in the Glenwood Springs - Grand junction area? I would love to see your projects or finished planes. I get to Denver a few times a month, so if you are in the Denver area, let me know.
Thanks.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Welcome to the best RV site on the web:D

As I live in CA, I cant help with the Colorado stuff, but wanted to say HI to you, pretty sure someone local will be responding soon.

from Cameron Park

Mike,
I grew up in Cameron Park - we moved there from Sacramento in 1964. We just moved to Colorado 5 years ago. My father built the Cameron Park airport many years ago and several of the homes in the airpark. Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome to VAF. While I don't live in CO any more, I occasionally visit my brother-in-law at Westwinds airpark (just west of Delta). If that is close enough, pm me with an email and I'll let you know next time I'm headed that way.

greg

Thanks

Thanks for the info. it looks like I will be able to find others in the Colorado area. We are in the Provo, SLC area quite often visiting kids, so i will look around there too.

Mike, I do not have a sister named Kim, but i know the family you are talking about. They moved in about 6 months before us. I think there were only 5-6 homes when we got there. I know a guy named Lowell F. that lives in the airpark and used to fly a Kitfox that i went up in a couple times. That was a nice plane.

Hopefully I can get a rv9 kit ordered shortly and get started. i have been dreaming of this for several years and finally am able to make the plunge. i will be checking back in the forum to see how others are doing.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome!

Welcome to VAF and to Colorado. We live in the Western Denver area and are building a 10. There is a strong RV community here and several builders in all stages of construction. Scott and Deb Mills are a great resource and very nice people (hangar out at Front Range Airport) along with most of the people out at Front Range. There's even a Colorado RV'rs Yahoo group that keeps us all informed about the local "going's on." Currently, I know of 5 RV builder projects in the Denver area, and many that are flying. Colorado is a great place for homebuilders. Now if we could just get some more airparks! Hey, you're a developer! Get going on that! :D

welcome aboard

Welcome to the community. I live south of Denver and am building a 9A. send me a PM or email with any questions you may have

good to have another builder aboard

We are in the Provo, SLC area quite often visiting kids, so i will look around there too.

More connections: I grew up near Sacramento, too, and now live in Springville, just South of Provo. Let me know when you're in the area.

Welcome to VAF! Be a winner and donate to DR before you order your kit; that's the right order anyway, but if you do, statistics show you are much more likely to finish your project successfully! :)

--
Stephen

Donate?

Stephen, Thanks for the welcome. What is the donate you are talking about? We go through Springville heading over the hill to Price, Green River, Grand Junction, then Glenwood Springs where we live. Holy cow, the intersection to hwy 15 is a mess! We were there Thanksgiving and we missed the entry to the freeway and when returning, we missed the exit! Much easier to be in the air over all the construction. I thought it would be done after the Olympics - ugg

What is the donate you are talking about?

Top of the page, on the left, just under the VAF banner where it says "Donate yearly". Doug does a LOT for us, and this site is how he feeds his family. What you will get out of this site, and the many brilliant people who frequent this forum, is worth a lot more than $25 a year. It's all voluntary, and no one is going to force you, but it is well worth it.

What you will get out of this site, and the many brilliant people who frequent this forum, is worth a lot more than $25 a year.

Yeah, what Moose said. Heck, it's worth more than $25 a month let alone each year, so count your blessings and repay Doug for the community he's built here.

Are your kids in school in Provo? I've got one son-in-law who's a BYU grad, and my other daughter and her fiancé are undergrads there now.

--
Stephen

donate

I agree - worth $25 already so far in one day meeting so many people. Thanks for the information. i hadn't noticed the donation link - it is pretty small!

I agree - worth $25 already so far in one day meeting so many people. Thanks for the information. i hadn't noticed the donation link - it is pretty small!

You're not alone. Doug's pretty low key about it. Except for that little link, he only brings it up on the main page briefly during each November.

As you've discovered, the community is great, but wait 'til you get a load of how much quality info flows through here. I really can't imagine that people used to build these airplanes without the kind of assistance we late arrivals have at our disposal by reading every day or by clicking on the search menu occasionally.

Enjoy your build!

--
Stephen

RV-9A @ Front Range (KFTG)

I'm at Front Range and just a couple of hangers overs from Scott, you're welcome to stop by see mine if you make it out this way.

in Denver

JColeman,
Thanks for the offer. Next time i am down in Denver, i would love to come by and see your plane. I am amazed at the quality of people on this forum. i have had offers from people all over the state - and out of state to see their planes and offers of help with questions. I appreciate it. If anyone is out looking for that $100 hamburger around Aspen - Glenwood Springs, and wants to save the cost of the burger, let me know and I will take you to lunch!
Thanks

Colorado RV9s

Welcome to VAF. As you've already seen quite a few RVs out here in Colorado. :cool: Lots of them at FTG and elsewhere. Gary is the Hangar Lord and I pay rent, but we get along good so he lets me stay...

We do have a Yahoo Groups List for Colorado. Always like to get more members so we can surpass the So-Cal group. :p Check it out here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColoradoRVList/

Next time you're in the area give me a call and we'll go flying.

Check with Gary Zilik. Don't know how close he is to you (he's in Pine Junction), and he owns a 6A instead of a 9, but he should be able to help you out.

Gary's member page:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=339

Scott Mills is another Colorado RV'er who could help...and he does own a 9...A. :D
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?find=lastposter&t=60878

Both are great guys. Tell 'em Moose sent you... :D

Welcome to VAF and to Colorado. We live in the Western Denver area and are building a 10. There is a strong RV community here and several builders in all stages of construction. Scott and Deb Mills are a great resource and very nice people (hangar out at Front Range Airport) along with most of the people out at Front Range. There's even a Colorado RV'rs Yahoo group that keeps us all informed about the local "going's on." Currently, I know of 5 RV builder projects in the Denver area, and many that are flying. Colorado is a great place for homebuilders. Now if we could just get some more airparks! Hey, you're a developer! Get going on that! :D

Colorado born and raised

Colorado born and raised. Pueblo, Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek (before it was a gambling town). My earliest significant question in life riding the school bus from Cripple Creek to Victor was if this bus slides off the road will those aspen trees hold. Building an RV-9A in Cincinnati. We will be arriving Denver for skiing next week. Home sweet home.... Colorado.

Steve

Steve, my wife's father grew up in Cripple Creek. He is 94 now and lives in Sacramento, CA. We had them out last summer and took them to Cripple Creek. He hadn't been back there since before WWII and was amazed.

As for skiing, my wife goes about 3-4 times a week and said it has been pretty good but they could use more snow. Snowmass and Aspen Mountain have been the best but my daughter is visiting and went to Buttermilk today and said it was very nice.

We live between Glenwood Springs (GWS) and Aspen. Have a nice time while you are out here.

Scott

Scott,
I have read your site and about all your trips. I am amazed at the flying you have done in such a short time. I think it is great and i envy you. If you or any of the other RV'ers are around the Glenwood Springs area, let me know and I will take you to lunch just for the chance to see your plane. Rifle is a better airport and only about 30 min from me, so that works too.