1bigdog

Well Known Member
I was wondering if there are any flying RV-9A's at KBJC (Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport).

I'm building a 9A but have never had a chance to fly in one. I'm traveling to Broomfield on business May 2nd week and hoping I might be able to get a ride.

Thanks all.

Michael B.
C-FWMB Reserved
Empennage Ready for Pre Closure Inspection

whiskey mike bravo....nice reg!

Hi Mike, you must have a few -9 drivers near you, if no good action from VAF, try trolling the Transport Canada reg list, search by model, and see who has any in Ontario.
you REALLY need to get some butt time in some aircraft, especially a 6-7-9 to even plan where to put the cup holders and iPad!!!!
it's WAAAAY harder to add these things later. ( my opinion!)

sorry, I'm on the wrong coast, or would offer a ride!

keep on riveting! :)

( PS, a quick look shows 40 RV-9's in Canada, with 12 in Ontario, CYSN, CYYB, CYRB, CYSH, CYQS, CED8, Kakabeka, Delhi, Hearst, Flamborough, Peterborough, Bearbrook

Last edited:
FWMB

Hi Perry

Actually TC was instrumental in helping me find and reserve that mark. I was looking for something with my initials. Didn't exist. They found an aircraft in the west that had crashed years ago and asked the owner if they would release it for me. Very kind and generous effort on the part of the TC rep. She called several days after we spoke and first words out of her mouth were "How about ""fly with Michael B***"" ".

There are no flying RV-9A's near me, having checked before I started the build and recently. I'll be 5 minutes from that airport and it's only minutes from several other small fields. My search on VAF suggests several may be flying nearby Broomfield. I'd be ok even if the offer was for one without a cup holder.

I did get a ride in an 8 out of Brampton before I started building. That was great. Looking forward to a 9 flight however.

Cheers.

just to clarify

Hi Mike, you must have a few -9 drivers near you, if no good action from VAF, try trolling the Transport Canada reg list, search by model, and see who has any in Ontario.
you REALLY need to get some butt time in some aircraft, especially a 6-7-9 to even plan where to put the cup holders and iPad!!!!
it's WAAAAY harder to add these things later. ( my opinion!)

sorry, I'm on the wrong coast, or would offer a ride!

keep on riveting! :)

( PS, a quick look shows 40 RV-9's in Canada, with 12 in Ontario, CYSN, CYYB, CYRB, CYSH, CYQS, CED8, Kakabeka, Delhi, Hearst, Flamborough, Peterborough, Bearbrook

By the way Perry, just to clarify,
until recently I could not travel too far. I had a therapy dog reaching the end due to Addisons disease. I was tied to a very narrow geographical range for about 2 years. I lost her December. Since then I've been able to get out a bit more and started flying more again. So I do plan to get to farther fields near home. Flying to Broomfield is just a coincidental opportunity since the density of flying 9A's is so much greater in the US in general.

Cheers.