tclaire

Just flew my first long trip with the HWA Tanks and are great, each tip tank holds 5.3 gallons each... Chuck and Jeff are great guys to work with, i flew my plane to there shop they installed the tanks and did some test flying with the new tanks and brought the plane back to me 2.5 hr trip, First class Installation
Tim

Grrrrr

Grrrrr,

Tim, I wanted to be the first to fly a 9 with the HWA aux tanks, but I?m glad it was you. I guess if I wasn?t such a slow builder I might have beat you. Congratulations and happy long cruising.

That is great news! They did not have them when I built my rv9 and wish they had as I would have put them in. This is a great mod as the 9 is lacking fuel. There is many remote airports in Canada that do not have fuel so you need to be able to get in and get out. I am sure Greg can tell us all about it and I bet he wishes he had them. Next project Greg!

I have no regrets installing them in my ten.

Grrrrr,

Tim, I wanted to be the first to fly a 9 with the HWA aux tanks, but I?m glad it was you. I guess if I wasn?t such a slow builder I might have beat you. Congratulations and happy long cruising.

Thanks Dean for this heads up on this, it will save me a fuel stop on my weekly travel
Tim

Hotel Wiskey Tanks

Had Chuck and Jeff install them on my 6A five years ago and I am very glad I did. The guys did a great job and are just great to deal with and we had an enjoyable time, for a few days, being there. I not only use them for that longer flight where a stop is a time killer but also "stock up" with "lower cost gas" when I find it. Sadly, my plane is for sale now.

Lee

Any pics?

Hi Folks!

I've got my 9 for 8 months now... loving each and every thing about it, fantastic plane.

This tip tank HWA?? Anyone has the vendor's site link or any pictures of it completely built/fit.

Thanks in advance.
Alexandre Marton
Brazil.

Yes, I'm currently in the Yukon about 65 miles NE of Mayo and the extra fuel would be nice to have (not absolutely necessary, I suppose, but I would prefer having extra fuel to having a shortage!). I'll call the guys when I get back to civilization.

cheers and thanks,
greg