dlomheim

Well Known Member
Finally making some progress towards completing the installation of a 1986 Mazda 13B, in RV-9A kit number 90116. Work pretty much ended in about 2008, but retirement is now giving me time to re-engage and hopefully get if flying in 2024. Was finally able to trial fit a Performance Inc prop and spinner that previously flew on rotary powered RV-6, and am working towards an engine run and systems checkout by the end of January.

Attachments

• Performance Prop Spinner.jpg
    Performance Prop Spinner.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 126
Finally making some progress towards completing the installation of a 1986 Mazda 13B, in RV-9A kit number 90116.

Would love to connect and learn about your FWF configuration, I have a 13 B rotary sitting in my garage, along with the Tracy reduction and ignition module.

I’m on the home stretch of an RV-4.

Finally making some progress towards completing the installation of a 1986 Mazda 13B, in RV-9A kit number 90116. Work pretty much ended in about 2008, but retirement is now giving me time to re-engage and hopefully get if flying in 2024. Was finally able to trial fit a Performance Inc prop and spinner that previously flew on rotary powered RV-6, and am working towards an engine run and systems checkout by the end of January.

Still making sloooow progress on the 13B installation, and decided to tear the engine down for inspection and rebuild beginning in March and finally got it put back together and reinstalled. For the past few weeks have been going through the electrical system I installed in '08-09 before stopping work, and luckily I created schematics back then which has aided in tracking down wires, and ensuring they're going where they need to! My Tracy Crook designed Electronic Controller (EC2) has a mode that allows testing of the four fuel injectors, and when doing that I found only one of four would "click". Turns out the 2-3 switch was connected incorrectly, and two injectors ohm'd out but didn't work; so traded those out and now have all four that work! I'm now performing a final "QC" of the engine monitor wiring, and once that has been validated will add water and fuel and see if it will start...

Attachments

• Front .jpg
    Front .jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Housing and Rotars.jpg
    Housing and Rotars.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 13B Left Side.jpg
    13B Left Side.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 13