petehowell

Well Known Member
Guys building the -9 or 9A here is what you can look forward to on takeoff!

These planes get off the ground rather nicely. 160HP, Constant Speed, Full Fuel and the complete XC kit behind the seat(O2 bottle, spare nosewheel, tools)

More fun with the Vholdr 1080p. I'm feeling guilty,this thing is not even mine(thanx PJ!)

Side view perspective.....

Last edited:
Motivation

Thanks a lot,

It really helps to keep the motivation and keep on doing these boring tasks I'm working on like deburring, dimpling, countersinking those gazillion holes in the wings AND flaps AND ailerons :eek:

Very cool video, Pete...

looking at the snow--both literally and figuratively. But...what's that noise in the intercom--strobes?

looking at the snow--both literally and figuratively. But...what's that noise in the intercom--strobes?

The camera mic picks up sounds I can't hear in the plane - the whine must be the alternator and the pulsing, the strobes. I have never heard them with the engine running from the pilot's seat.

That was just what I needed to drop $5K into my final parts order (big items at least).

Good flick!

To give you another prospective, check out this video.

Right after it starts you can see us climb out and the runway numbers slide under the nose. Keep in mind, that is with only 135 HP & FP prop, a 2300 runway on a summer day (80's), and two on board. (I can't wait to see how it climbs with 180 HP!)

Hey Pete your giving Groucho some competition. He has not had any videos up for a while.

Maybe this will call him out! :)

Pete - that is a great video. I am motivated to get going on my -9A again... the finish kit arrives soon. I can't remember if your bird is 150 or 160 HP, and fixed or CS prop? My favorite part was the "we were here 40 seconds ago" pointer :)

Pete Howell Minnie-sota Take-Off

Guys building the -9 or 9A here is what you can look forward to on takeoff!
QUOTE]

Pete:

Are those shots of Anoka County Airport by chance? I got my license at Anoka while in college in 1979 and those runways, etc. look very similar to what I remembered when flying there back then. Of course there are quite a bit more hangers on site then back then!

I can't remember if ANE is where you're based out of or not. My 30th college reunion will be in 2013 so I hope to fly my 9A with rotary 13B in for that in the Fall. Great video!

Blue Skies

Doug Lomheim
90116; Finishing electrical, hope to wrap up FWF and canopy this summer

Thanks, Pete...

... that climbout video was just the doctor ordered after a not-so-rewarding time in the shop yesterday. The last of my f'wall fwd goodies will be here tomorrow ...plan to hang the engine in about 3 weeks. Your video makes me antsy!!!!:D:D

Yep - Anoka County

Yes Doug - that is Anoka!

Pete:

Are those shots of Anoka County Airport by chance? I got my license at Anoka while in college in 1979 and those runways, etc. look very similar to what I remembered when flying there back then. Of course there are quite a bit more hangers on site then back then!

I can't remember if ANE is where you're based out of or not. My 30th college reunion will be in 2013 so I hope to fly my 9A with rotary 13B in for that in the Fall. Great video!

Blue Skies

Doug Lomheim
90116; Finishing electrical, hope to wrap up FWF and canopy this summer[/QUOTE]

Not a Cherokee 140!

That makes me think about my climbs in the Cherokee 140 durimg flight trainning. All that "give and take" to keep almost 500 fpm.
Sure gives us a comparison figure.
Thanks for posting.

That makes me think about my climbs in the Cherokee 140 durimg flight trainning. All that "give and take" to keep almost 500 fpm.
Sure gives us a comparison figure.
Thanks for posting.

Just as we were leaving this evening, we looked up and saw an RV8 in a sweeping turn, already at altitude, pass over our house.... as it departed the airport next door. It was beautiful site, sounded great, & looked mighty fast.......as we often witness Cessna's trying to hit the magic 500. :D

Then my wife say's ours looks just as cool when it passes over our house.......................but I wouldn't know as I've never seen it fly without me.. :cool:

L.Adamson --- RV6A