ron sterba

Well Known Member
Dynon10", Just received Dynon fuel transducer from PCA, My fuel lines are in from cut/off Valve to firewall. Should I have waited? Where did you install your fuel flow transducer? Before firewall or after? Pics would be great!

Spoke with Scott Risan at Vans and he said the the RV-14 will be on display this (August 17th & 18th) Friday and Saturday at ( 7S5) Independence Oregon for the Vans Home Coming and Fly-in (All aircraft are allowed to fly in and land and enjoy the RV folks.) See Chapter 292 webpage or Vans website for details of the days events.

Ron in Oregon
Vice Pres of 292
Thanks All

My transducer has been working great for over 19 years. It is mounted just forward of the spar, between the selector valve and the boost pump.

Dynon Fuel flow transducer

Mel Thanks alot. I'll see if I can fit it under that cover from the selector valve to the fire wall. Thanks Mel!

Ron in Oregon

Ok, Mel I think it will work with a hinge at the heater vent cover back toward booster pump with a new higher cover over the Vans provided center cover plate. The red cube as I call it NEEDS apromx 6" of straight fuel line tubing in front of and past the red cube (fuel flow transducer). Looks like it will be a fine location. Group of us looking at firewall forward and decided it proves to be a challenge to locate there unless somebody has a good location idea. Thanks Mel
Ron in Oregon

Last edited:
another option

100_4508.jpg

100_4506.jpg

100_4636.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures Steve! I was thinking about that exact place. I now know it will fit. May have to change the cover a little bit.

Ron in Oregon

what about using the vans cover for fuel injected

my engine is carb and I built my own box cover but I did think about using vans sheet metal cover for the fuel injected pump at the location of the filter. that may be another option.

Last edited:
Transducer location

Mounted between the mechanical fuel pump and the carb. Flying 5 years no problems.

Keith
N355RV

keith, I like that Idea. I'll check with a AP. This engine stuff is all new to me. My inside is all painted and plumbed from Andair pump and filter to mech pump. Ron

engine is installed

I'm in Ohio but always wanted to live in Oregon. Engine installed, interior painted, canopy finished, panel installed, working on final wire routing and connectors, throttle cable not installed yet.