nekit

Anyone know where I can get a parts list/spreadsheet for the 9A slow build slider kits. Cold winter days have me doing planning of what to delete and change before I order them.
Thanks,
Rob

I'm not sure about a spreadsheet, but if you email Vans they'll be glad to send you an electronic version of your inventory. This has be incredibly helpful for me when I am trying to find that one part that I cant seem to find. If they dont have a spreadsheet, it is certainly easy enough to turn the information on the text file into a spreadsheet.

It depends on what kit you're ordering, but there are quite a few threads already about various deletes and swaps for the wings and fuselage. Personally, here's what I swapped in both:

Wings
--
Swap fuel caps with deluxe locking caps - Personal preference

Nothing really else, a few o-rings in various spots to ethanol-proof the fuel caps and drain valves. They can be found in another thread on VAF here.

Add JD Air's drain valve and vent fairings

Fuselage
--
Delete Brake Master Cylinders - BRAKE MAST. CYL.LEFT-1 & BRAKE MAST. CYL.RGHT-1 - Replace with Grove master cylinders.
Delete Brake Master Reservoirs - BAG 670 - Replace with Grove master reservoir.
Add right-side ELT mounting bracket - ELT/PWR MOUNT 7/9-R
Delete fuel valve - BAG 487 - This is because I need to go with a duplex Andair valve for my fuel injection system.
Delete all fuel, brake, vent, etc lines - Go with flexible Teflon hoses from Tom & TS Flightlines, or Bonaco. Or at the very least, replace with stronger aluminum tubing.
AT0-032X1/4X19'
ATO-032X1/4X12'
PT-062X1/4X9'
AT0-035X3/8X12'
Delete VENT SV-5 vents from VENT SV-COMBO X2 - Replace with nicer ones, especially Stein's

Emailed Van's today and they sent me a generic list that just showed the major options ie. steps, electric trim, etc. I was hoping for a more detailed parts list like the ones that you check you kit inventory with. If anyone knows of a builders site that has this it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

http://www.smittysrv.com/fuselagepartslist.asp

That's a fuselage parts list. Smitty's site is a lifesaver for me! When I get home tomorrow I can scan and email my wing parts list to you if nobody beats me to it..

EDIT: I'm home, post or PM me your email and I well send a scanned version of the wing parts list.

My wing order was pretty standard, with the exception of deluxe locking fuel caps.

Chris

Last edited: