ron sterba

Well Known Member
Maybe you all saw my last thread two days ago about fuse blocks in my RV9A panel. Great suggestions from you folks to get me over the hump on design for the fuse blocks. Now Iam going to install my Icom 210 radio above my Skyview 10 and between the two ribs that support my glare shield. As i position the tray or case or shoe (whatever they call it) I look to favor next to the rib directly over the skyview because the rib on the center of the panel has a .128" X 3/4" angle riveted to it and also is the attach point for my center support to the roll bar. My question is mounting this tray by angle pcs or do I fabricate shelving behind for support or all of the ABOVE?Thanks Guys, and also thanks so much for the out pouring of help and ideas. Lots of you are looking at the threads,learning, and thats what Doug wants us to do!

Open to any pictures or ideas.
Much appreciated.
Ron in Oregon

Had the pleasure of a RV'er out for the $100 hamburger and they happened to look in the hangar. I asked the question about the radio case. Simple way for a rv install and that is you can built a rack like in your oven with angle 6061 as the rails. They can be as many tiers as you need. On the rv there is a sub panel behind the the front panel about 8" back.Cutting a hole into that sub panel the size of your radio tray. This cut can be reinforced all around that opening with angle pcs. This becomes the rear attach point and rear support for your radio tiers. The front attach points would be on your panel. again using angle riveted to the back side of the front panel.Then your radio tray would be screwed into those angles. Just remember front and back support and your home free! So tomoorrow I CUT and rivet. Thanks to that EAA member who took a peep and shared his building experience! Much appreciated. I'll pass it forward! There you have it, when you least expect it comes a knocking!

Ron in Oregon