ALMARTON

Well Known Member
Hi folks I am new here and I am considering buying a Van's RV9A kit.

But I heard rumors from Vans's representative in my country that delays on the shippments to clients/builders are ocurring due to changes on Van's supply chain.

Anyone knows the current average shippment time since purchase of a RV9A kit?

Anyone could confirm if that is true or just a rumor? Anyone has any info on that matter?

Many thanks in advance.

Current lead times according to Van's website

According to Van's website, the lead times are:

Wings - 14 weeks
Fuselage - 12 weeks
Finishing - 12 weeks
Empennage - in stock
Quick Builds - 3 to 4 months

From my experience it appears that some of the items above may have been extended by 2-4 weeks, but that has happened from time to time. Also, don't know when they updated these numbers last.

I would give them a call and they could give you a better estimate.

My 9A finish kit was ordered Dec. 14, and will be delivered tomorrow, so that's 14 weeks - right on time.

Watch this website!!

ALMARTON:

There are so many kits offered on this website, consider the secondary market & avoid the wait.

ALMARTON:

There are so many kits offered on this website, consider the secondary market & avoid the wait.

He's in Brazil. Lots of overseas guys get all the kits at once in a short shipping container and just get it shipped.

I ordered my Fuselage kit on 2/1 to avoid the price increase. Van's charged my credit card yesterday, so that is 9 weeks lead time. Hopefully it will be here in within a week.

lead time

Hi, thanks you all for the replies.

It got to me that there is now since early 2010 an increasead lead time due to a high number of kits ordered. But I was told this is just a slight increase in lead time.

Yes I am in Brazil and I did not got a kit but the whole aircraft that will be built by a Van's representative for kits.

I am optimistic that the lead time will get to normal and my plane will not get delayed since it is promissed to end of 2010.

Thanks again to all info I got.