DuBuis

I'm New Here
I have the chance to purchase an O-320-E2A for my 9a project. I have purchased the Dynafocal mount and cowling for a fixed pitched configuration. The cross reference guide in the builders manual goes back to an E1A and then to A3B. The A3B indicates it's the same as an A3A except for a a straight riser in the oil sump. Is any of this an issue. I called Van's tech support and they weren't much help. Thanks for the help:confused:

Welcome to VAF

I'm just the welcome wagon dude, someone smarter than me will be along shortly.

Last edited:
Wellcome Mike

By the way Year 2010 is already taken please choose either 09 or 11:D

and what Larry said: Wait a bit - RV Professors are coming to assist you

me, too

I have an O-320-E2A for my 9A, but haven't bought the mount yet. I think it will work fine, but I await word from the experts.

O-320-E2A is the fixed pitch 150 HP equivalent of an O-320-D2A that Vans sells. If you order the stuff for a D2A everything will work for the E2A. It will fit fine. It can be converted to constant speed with the addition of the governor drive and plumbing.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Mahlon...

O-320-E2A is the fixed pitch 150 HP equivalent of an O-320-D2A that Vans sells. If you order the stuff for a D2A everything will work for the E2A. It will fit fine. It can be converted to constant speed with the addition of the governor drive and plumbing.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

...is the "straight riser" bit in the sump description the "standard" carb location, or the more rearward carb location, such as that on the O-320-E2G?

The rearward carb locations will not work on the nose gear models due to interference with the nose gear leg.

I don't have my parts catalog available,so I can't work out which version sump this model has...:)

As you know, the fix is relatively easy if it is the "wrong" sump... I think I even have a sump and intake pipes around from when I was going to use an O-320-E2G...:)

Gil

My Lycoming parts manual shows that the E2G is the only "E" model that uses the rearward carb sump. The E2A shows the "mid" carb mounting.