GO Flyer

I'm New Here
I accidently actuated my pnuematic squeezer when I was dimpling my trailing edge on the top side of my right elevator skin when I was not in the hole. The extra hole that I created is 2/32 from the correct hole and is just on the edge of the dimple. Do I have any options other than a new skin? Can I drill that extra hole round, deburr it and fill it with something like JB Weld or bondo? I am worried about the skin cracking later. I want to be safe. Any thoughts other than slow down and keep your finger off the trigger until in the hole?
Thanks
Gary

This has happened to most builders. The worst one it putting a dimple in your finger.. I still bear the scars.
If you put flat sets in your squezer, you can flatten the skin quite nicely, you could then drill a new hole slightly further along the trailing edge. I wouldnt try and use the original hole as it will go ugly when you try and dimple it.
You will end up with a slightly uneven run of rivets- but only you will know.
Epoxy putty- the stuff that comes as a stick is good for filling the holes and sticks well to alloy.
A new skin is not that expensive.
It sometimes helps to look at the workmanship on spam can planes, you can see what is 'acceptable' to professionals.
Steve Hill