ron sterba

Well Known Member
Aircraft Spruce said they stop selling the grommets. There are two grommet holes in rear baffle plate for the spark plug wires. Was wonder whom might sell them or can I make my own? what to make them out of?
Thanks Ron in Oregon

The grommets came from Vans. I don't recall if they were in the baffle kit or in the firewall forward kit elsewhere.

I got the firewall forward kit from vans and they were there somewhere. Try asking them which kit they come in.

Thanks John, I'll recheck that. In the firewall kit I do have two round grommets but only ONE center hole the size of the spark plug wire.Not sure where they go just yet. The two wire grommets from the picture at Aircraft Spruce shows a grommet rectangular in shape with two holes for the spark plug wires. Thats what I have been looking for. When I called Vans I was told yesterday they don't supply them either.I'll keep digging. Much Appreciated.

Ron in Oregon

Thanks Alan I ordered two at $4.40 each what a deal. Total $10 and change from Wag Aero. Michael looking at your price from Aircraft Spruce they want $40 for two plus shipping. Not sure if Slick mag wires or Reg mag wires require a different grommet. Thanks Guys!

Ron in Oregon

Hey John I tore the place apart the other day to look for them. Every shelf nook and cranny, No show! If there in one of those kits I didn't get them. Now theres a possiblity that if they came with the engine then I must have sent them to the dump with the engine crate. OH WELL! Baffle 80% done 15% to go and 5% inspiration.

Ron in Oregon

I think you are right. They probably came with the engine from Lycoming. Mine was a YIO 320 shipped direct from Lycoming, purchased through Vans. There was a bag with some parts in it including a spare set of exhaust gaskets.

I guess I'll have to be a little more careful because can't find the gaskets either. Did save all paper work with the engine. I have it down when I build the second RV, if my wife lets me!
Ron in Oregon.

Hey Alan, Ordered those those Spark Plug Grommets Friday afternoon from WAGAERO in Wisconsin. Surprised they were at my door step Monday morning from thru United States Postal Service. First they wanted to sent thru UPS the new snail mail at $9 bucks for $8.80 for the parts .I said NO just regular mail. $1.80 shipping. I get it, a tracking # for a expensive item. But ask most will ship United States Postal service if you ask and is always quicker than UPS unless you pay the extra.

Ron in Oregon