Drdean

I'm New Here
Wow I'm not liken' them alum brake and gas lines. Are there any alteritives or am I stuck twisting and turning these lines thrue my bulkheads.

Just Finished Mine

Yep, bending aluminum tubbing can be a real pain. I had to order extra tubing in both 1/4 and 3/8, as I had to create the fuel and brake lines several times before I was happy.

I did order some flexible brake lines from Bonaco, Inc. They have a brake system to replace the plastic tubing used between each brake pad. I think they are also putting together a flexible option for the fuel lines as well.

I think I talked to 'Brett' at Bonaco.

http://bonacoinc.com

If you do a search on fuel lines, I think you find other suppliers as well.

I ran my brake lines around the sides of the fuselage rather than through the holes and down the center console. Seems to make much more sense to me and easier to do also.

I also did the vent lines differently. Ran them straight forward through the bulkhead to the front corners just behind the firewall, then up the corner and back down again. I found this was easier than the planned route. BUT don't skip the up-and-down-in-the-corner part, otherwise you will likely find fuel bleeding out the lines onto the ground. Also make sure there is clearance for any rivets, bolts, etc. that you need to work into that corner.

greg