N916K

Well Known Member
I can't find my plans for the RV9 elevators (moved a few times sense I built the plane) I need to put together a list of parts so I can build a new set of elevators, so does anyone have a good scanned image of the elevator plans or a parts list for building the elevator. I called Van's and they don't have the sub kits for the elevators.

Thanks
Cam

If nobody can help you sooner, Cam. I'll go home tonight and scan my preview plans for you. Don't think I can scan the full drawings, but I'm sure none of the part numbers have changed and you've already built a couple anyway.

Out of curiousity, why are you rebuilding them?

If nobody can help you sooner, Cam. I'll go home tonight and scan my preview plans for you. Don't think I can scan the full drawings, but I'm sure none of the part numbers have changed and you've already built a couple anyway.

Out of curiousity, why are you rebuilding them?

Right one has a crack and the left one well, let's just say I want it to match the rest of the plane. Plus I'm about to paint and I don't want to waste paint on something I've always wanted to replace.

When I get home tonight I'll probably be able to find at least the preview plans, I was hoping to place the order with Van's today.

Cam

OK, now about the stiffeners

Thanks for the parts list Greg.

I have one more question. The material to make the skin stiffeners E-908-L and E-909 is E-908-L. How many stiffeners can be made from one piece? It looks like on the parts list there is a bundle of 10, is that correct?

Thanks
Cameron

Stiff numbers

Cam,

As I recall, each piece was cut in half to make two stiffeners, so a bundle of 10 made 20 stiffeners, i.e., more than enough for one side (my elevators have 16 stiffeners each, 8 top and 8 bottom). I know that I had a bit left over and if you were careful you could probably get by with a couple less than the bundle of 10 by carefully planning your cuts because the stiffeners in front of the trim tab are shorter. Probably easier just to buy two whole bundles.

cheers,
greg