spduffee

I'm New Here
Hello any RV-8 owners in the Seattle area! I am very near to commiting to a Vans, specifically the RV-8, due to my size (6'6" and 280#). I have heard the RV-8 is better suited for larger persons, and would like to try one on for size. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hi there, welcome to VAF.

Yes, the 8 is pretty roomy inside, and there is a tall option that puts the seat back a couple inches.

Also, the ShowPlanes canopy modification will give you a slightly wider shoulder area ------ not to mention it just plane looks better.

What is your name???

Many in the area

Hello any RV-8 owners in the Seattle area! I am very near to commiting to a Vans, specifically the RV-8, due to my size (6'6" and 280#). I have heard the RV-8 is better suited for larger persons, and would like to try one on for size. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I am still working in the garage but will move to the airport in a month or so. I am down in Olympia. I don't have seats in right now but you are welcome to try mine on for size when I get the seats in, you can even sit in it now on a pillow, but no seat back.

For reference I am 6' 250 lbs :mad: and feel very comfortable. I ride in the back of a friends -8 and even feel comfortable back there, though not as comfy as up front. When you first sit in one the instrument panel seem very close but the shoulder room is way better than any side by side I have been in.

Welcome to the VAF!

Cheers

Welcome to VAF

Hi Mike, sorry for not responding sooner. My name is Shawn. After reading your reply about the showcase modification I did look at it. I am more interested in the sliding canopy and have seen a few sliding fastbacks, but they seem to be self made? I haven't seen any references to the 2" setback you mentioned. Is that in the plan set somewhere? I just e-mailed RVG8tor about visiting him here in nearby Olympia Washington. Hopefully I can get to see one up close here pretty soon.

Nice! What's paint good for anyway, except covering up mistakes, right? I'd considered the RV-10 also, but I would personally really enjoy the centerline flying more. When you do paint her, please post some photos....