Levrie

Hello folks,

Can anyone help me resolve my recently discovered problem please?

I've been trying to align my wheel fairings using tube gear legs and have run into a couple of issues.

Current situ:

Fuselage is suspended just 1/4" off the ground, and levelled fore and aft, 3 plumb points, forward, mid and aft have been aligned with the QB rivet centre line and plumb bobs suspended along the defining the centre line appropriately.

Issue one:
The measurement from the fuse centreline is not equal on either side, 33" left side and 34" right side, drawn against the tire centreline. I've trebled checked this and it is so. I've also ensured that the wheels are secured, to the stops just to verify the measurements.

Issue two:
Having trial fitted the port rear wheel fairing against the extended parallel centreline, using the 1" spacer, centre marking, and the tire centre line, my rear fairing is off by 1/2" at the End point, If I then align the end to the 33" parallel line, the front edge is horribly off.

I've spent two whole days scratching my head over this, now it's time to see if there's a wizard or two to help me. :)

Many thanks for any input, pictures etc.

David.

The left/right measurements on my 6A were slightly different; right side was further out than the left I believe. I discarded the absolute distances, however (and the tire centerline as well) and simply aligned the front & rear of the wheel pants such that each was the same distance from the aircraft centerline.

For determining the centerline, I didn't use any rivet lines but instead dropped four plumbs along the side - two at the firewall and two just ahead of the horizontal stabilizer.

Again, this was on a -6A and not an -8A, but not sure why the same logic wouldn't apply.

Good luck!