mattsmith

Well Known Member
Installing rear ruder pedals in a rv8a and have a question. Did any one that installed the Vans kit have problems with the WD-833 fit? Mine does not fit flush an the longeron, it angles up at the outboard side. I tried bending the bottom mounting tab on the landing gear weldment but this did not improve the angle. Any help is appreciated. Sorry no pics don't know how to post.

Mine the same

If mine were flush to the longeron then the bolt would not mate with the holes in the gear weld mount. I called Van's and the persone I talked to never heard of this problem. I think the issue is with the angle the tabs on the weld mount are set at, it also might be that the longeron did not have the correct amount of twist. Van's said my idea of bending the tab on the upper part WD-833 (sorry not home so I can't look at the plans) was fine. I put them in a vice and hit it with a rubber mallet until it was at the right angle. Mine only needed a degree or two of bend. I am sure I have pictures but can't get to them now. Email me and I will send them to you late tomorrow. I am not flying but I have had it all hooked up and it will work just fine.

Cheers