N208ET

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I am about to start on my slow build fuselage. The plans say that with the kit being matched hole, no jigging is required. I was just wonder how many people have put there slow build together on the top of a table without a jig

Thanks

Randy

Pre-punched Fuselage Assembly

I got one of the first pre-punched -8 fuselages. I built it on two EAA Cpt 1000 work benches and a couple of saw horses. It is pretty fool-proof. The complex jigging that used to be necessary is just not with their new design.

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Pre-punch
San Ramon, CA

To jig, or not to jig...

Hi St Joe,

I'm almost done skinning my "old" style -8A fuselage (requires the jig). I'm SURE that a relatively flat table/saw horse set up will be fine for your matched hole kit. I say this because, even with just prepunched skins like mine, it still comes out pretty darn straight. The portions of mine that are pseudo-matched hole are dead on.

I'm already thinking about doing another one - just because the matched hole would be so much easier! Ooops - getting a little ahead of myself there :)

Jeff

Thanks all for the input. Thats pretty much what I figured. With everything being matched hole, things go together so easy, and if stuff isn't lining up, you know something is wrong. Just another believer in a **** good product.

Randy