denbobp

Well Known Member
Is there any specific measurement between the front bow and the canopy frame when in closed position. My is about 1 inch apart. I haven't installed the canopy yet.

I don't recall a specific space limit but mine is about 1/4". Your concern with 1" spacing will be the fit of the canopy/windscreen. The canopy has a pretty good slope at that point and the frame will have to be raised enough to fit the curve of the canopy.

You want about 1/4inch or so on that. Could be you canopy frame is touching the forward skin and the aft bottom on each side, if it is trim that away flush the the bracket that gets riveted to the canopy bow, that should allow your frame to go fwd enough to just about touch.

bird

The canopy frame doesn't touch anything and is alinged on both sides. maybe I have put the bow to far forward??? Once the slide goes into the drop down it just ainint going any further. any other thought swould be appreciated.

Frame

Not near my -8 right now, but I believe the separation on mine is closer to an inch than it is 1/4 in. Just adjust it up to fit plexi on assymbly.

The canopy frame doesn't touch anything and is alinged on both sides. maybe I have put the bow to far forward??? Once the slide goes into the drop down it just ainint going any further. any other thought swould be appreciated.

I put my front bow too far foward, and have a 1"gap as well. I just made the front go up to fit the canopy, had to make a longer latch so as to be able to get it to close, but otherwise haven't had any problems. Not flying yet tho.